Detection Zone Turned Itself Off

Well, I used to be bi-OS, had a nexus tablet and then my wife got a crappy little ZTE tablet from work. Actually for short period when we lived in Oslo, we were tri-OS since my wife’s Norwegian office was into Win mobile phones. (OMG- what a piece of crap!) Although once the CEO got some hands-on time with my wife’s iPhone 4, he decided to upgrade Oslo to iPhones. When we got back we decided to go iPhone-iPad… decided we were happier going straight OS :grimacing:

1 Like

What is your question, focused one? :slight_smile: Whether the app discussion above your reply is 3rd party?

1 Like

No, evil genius. Focus:

Cover childrens' eyes then click

People think Mavens are soooooooo nice.

They haven’t seen them armed with magnifying glasses, sunlight and salt like I have. They are, let us say… unusual.

Chemmie, I and a few others, are forming a Coalition of the Extremely Independent, folks who’d never deign to join mavenhood cults and the like. Our coalition will be, above all, unbound.

Behold us, gentle users, we are FREE! :woozy_face:

Ah. Well, you can clear the cache in the Wyze app on iOS under the Account tab > App Settings > Cache Files, but personally I’ve never known that to do anything for me, on the iOS side anyway. I notice a lot of the users that say it doesn’t work for them are iOS users.

Then there’s deleting and reinstalling the app, which is wonderful (if not also temporary) about clearing how much space its log files are taking up, if you are worried about that. I can’t remember the last time that helped me with an issue, but then I don’t experience a lot of odd issues, so probably not the best person to ask. :slight_smile:

As far as force-quitting, just swipe it closed. Also hasn’t done much for me in the past on the iOS side.

Usually when I run into an issue it is more solid. But when intermittent I haven’t noticed anything in particular that helps me on iOS.

As for the Detection Zone Turned Itself Off, I don’t have that particular issue. I’d submit it with logs to the Fix-It-Friday thread, which is one of the few threads that Wyze actually monitors. Posting it here is not necessarily visible to them. The current one isn’t closed yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops, wrong email! :rofl:

::working::

A solid and reasonable response. Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just posting a number here is not going to get anywhere - these are user to user forums, some never see a wyze person participate. Did you submit the logs with a support ticket? Did you try to followup with the support ticket email? Did you try a direct message with an actual wyze employee that monitors the Facebook group or discord server to get a dialog going, or get a chat going on twitter or FB messenger or discord?

Ya, before you say it, I agree, it sucks big time to have to run to a handful of social media apps to get in touch with someone to get some answers. However, this is wyze and wyze has a penchant for “improvements” that constantly result in unintended consequence that often affect only a small number of users so they dismiss the issue. Meanwhile, posting the log ID here isn’t going to get it to a wyze tech!

On discord and on these forums, @WyzeJimmy did try to help but hit wall, on Facebook @UserCustomerGwen unfortunately is a little less involved but she has usually responded to my tags and has always tried to get me an answer. There was a Mark but seems to have left wyze or no longer on these forums. One of the wyze exec’s @WyzeDongsheng also replied to me once, sent him one of the many log IDs and my acct ID but never heard back, so either he hit the same wall as the others or his exec stuff is distracting him from fixing my freaking account problem. Anyway @WyzeJasonJ I believe was a forum mod then got hired so he may be worth trying. Can always try @WyzeTeam. But everyone in this thread appears to be a user so this issue possibly hasn’t percolated up to anyone at wyze so I’m sure it’s just getting you more and more frustrated.

2 Likes

Did anyone post this where Wyze actually looks, in the Fix-it-Friday thread? Of course you will need to do that before they count the votes, because they do ignore entries after that until the next Fix-it-Friday thread. :neutral_face:

Other than the Fix-It-Friday thread, the normal process is to submit a log, and then call Support to see if they can help. If they can’t help, then they can try to make sure your log is seen by the developers.

If that turns out unsatisfactory, then we can submit it for escalation it if you give us the support ticket number.

Wyze gets hundreds and hundreds of logs a day, and I doubt the developers have a dedicated staff reviewing them. They are mostly there to reference when they are chasing whatever bug is in front of them at the moment.

So Support needs to forward the log number for the best chance to get it viewed by the busy Devs, and that support ticket number is the only way we can escalate the problem to Wyze. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please let me k in which company you will go with if you trash your Wyze cams. That’s what I’m ready to do.

This is still affecting my cameras to this day…

Im really fed up repeating myself. So if you are referring to my problem, try reading my posts in the camlite topic for detailed background if you are interested in a complete history. In summary, I was in frequent contact with Jimmy, Gwendolyn and even Dong Sheng popped in. I had extensive trial and error after error after error attempts following every wyze recommendation, submitted logs, sent them log IDs, even trialed camplus and cam pro to switch out the cams - nothing worked, cams always revert to a ghost cam lite that reappears in the app but does not insert the PD toggle - eventually both Jimmy and Gwendolyn confirmed wyze won’t be able to fix my acct and only option is to delete acct, reset every device and start over. Dong Sheng never got back to me. It’s just kind of a wake up call to hear wyze say they’d rather see me walk away than spend any money on their software contractor to fix the acct glitch. I can’t be the only one but maybe the only one realizing it’s not exactly as it was prior to the camlite change in March.

1 Like

Won’t be for quite some time since I get enough out of them for our current location which is a full time guard gated community. We are not soflo natives and it’s miserable here - crime is all around outside these gated communities and 9 mo of the yr is sweltering, so hoping to relocate further north. But being from way north, we don’t want the extreme winter so finding some place between NC and VA seems likely which is difficult when you don’t know anyone in those areas. Anyway, there are some other threads with people mentioning experience with other brands. Try the view on PC/web or RTSP topics.