Detection Zone Turned Itself Off

Then maybe it just doesn’t work for iPhones.

1 Like

We need someone who’s bi-OS to say if there’s an iOS force-stop equivalent? I’m not.

bi-OS, that is.

Well, it’s heartening to know I’ve brought some joy to others by being more miserable than they - my wyze acct has been a sort of never ending tale of woe. Kind of sucks I only have the cams, I’m sure if I were fully loaded with all things wyze, I’d be able to write a book - probably on how to market a company in the 21st century when products, services, management and systems are all essentially just in some phase of beta.

To be totally fair, I must say this self off-ing detection zone has eluded me since the very early intro when I found every beta app update turned it off. It may have been during my year plus ordeal, I mean experience, beta testing the orig doorbell or shortly after that they introduced it. Turned out the default at that time was off so they “fixed” it. At least it’s been staying on since for my v2 cams and db.

3 Likes

At least I’m here for you. Where were you - any of you - when I was miserable?? :wink:

Based on a beta experience, it’s not just hardware they contract. The initial beta app and then the integration with the normal app and the firmware were contracted by some Chinese developers. The original beta app for the device still had Chinese text, the android version was full of Chinese text, the iOS version less, but abundantly obvious as the beta dragged on that it was not in-house, at one point the dev’s were shown on video shot by the dev’s in their apt hallway demonstrating some options. Anyway, it sure seems your “bigger” issue is the root cause. Ultimately it’s the ruling junta at the top that issues the decrees that the minions must follow. Wyze has cleverly leveraged social media and early success with the cams to create a sort of cult like following that just buy anything and everything wyze, those who have very basic needs and simply relegate the bugs and flaws to being a low cost product. Low cost + low expectations = happy customers. Those of us who expect reliability and responsible management are more or less a vocal minority.

Been a while for a good rant. Cheaper than therapy!

3 Likes

Speaking of which…

I must now reveal that the stellar ‘talent’ featured here:

…is none other than… @ChemEngr !

This was so much fun (for me) it hurt! :grin:

Seriously, thanks. :clap: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today my V3 once again turned off the Detection Zone. Then when I turned it back on the Zone screen wasn’t showing live video to set the grid, had to put my phone to sleep then wake it to get the zone grid feed back. Motion Tagging was also turned off by itself.

1 Like

Was a little bored watching baseball so thought I’d try that text to speech thingie on my previous post.

The transcoding accuracy sort of reminds me of something from wyze… interesting product that often works well, but ultimately reveals the not quite ready for “prime time” glitches. Although it did pretty well with my sloppy punctuation habits.

1 Like

Participation trophy. :trophy:

Lacks enthusiasm, however. :wink:

1 Like

Definitely not up to the Siri/Alexa level of cheeriness. Sort reminds me of my old Garmin GPS, although it was thoroughly entertaining when we lived in Norway and did a bit of traveling - it often got so flummoxed trying to pronounce some of the road names that it resorted to spelling - Denmark and Poland were hilarious.

1 Like

Talking devices scare me. Sniffing dogs scare me. Multi-front warfare scares me.

It’s scary, Chemmie. I’m scared. :flushed:

1 Like

I intend to die laughing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

BAM. I thought same things. Updates are crap! Upper management doesnt care, they aren’t testing software prior to release and/ or programmers need more knowledge or training. It’s beyond frustrating

1 Like

My hope as well!

1 Like

V2 cams seem ok - I got beta app and beta fw. Zone seems to remain active, but motion tagging option did turn off - possibly it’s the default so when the new beta installs, it’s turned off. Not sure, I’ll pay attention now. Also irritating they have to bury the option under “more”. Seems more logical to put it in the detection options. Millennial coders🙄

Another oddball action I noticed is when I went into the doorbell, detection zone initially showed on. Left page to check device info for fw ver, returned to detection page and the zone settings were completely missing, just white space. Went back to live stream page and it was frozen. Left to go to home page then back to view live stream, yup it’s live again, back to settings, detection settings, it shows zone toggle off now. Back to settings then return to detection and now zone is on again! Ya, weird. It’s wyze, hard to expect anything other than flaky behavior these days - whether it’s beta software or not doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

Force closing the app on my iPhone worked for all three V3 cams. Last week all the detection zones were just the gray/dark gray boxes, no picture. I forced close the app and all the detection zones came back and I saved them again. Still there today, very weird.

1 Like

My detection zone settings just now turned itself off again, causing the camera to miss something I’ve been watching. Thanks Wyze! Why hasn’t this already been fixed?!

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ

How is he going to fix it? He won’t be able to.

I can totally empathize with the frustration. I just loaded yet another beta app and still no fix for my cam lite snafu. New store and shopping crap added, but fix some persistent real life user problems and they are awol. As for tagging wyze people, been there, tried that! Might get some feigned interest in a reply or two but ultimately nothing is fixed.