Detection Zone setting in Cam 2 is not saving

Hello:
Can anyone tell me why the detection zone is not saved in Cam 2 ?

I am using Wyze Cam v2 (with the latest Firmware version: 4.9.3.64).
While setting up the Detection Zone (Camera Settings --> Detection Settings --> Detection Zone (On), I found it is not saved, even though the Detection Zone setting screen tells that “This will be saved automatically

Steps to reproduce:
0) Open the WYZE app on the phone

1. Select and save a Detection zone less than the default full screen
  2. Wait for few seconds to allow sufficient time to save
  3. Go back and close the app and re-open the app and navigate to the Detection Zone screen

Actual result:
The detection zone is found reset to default full screen

Expected result:
The detection zone should be found saved as done in step 1 above.

Thanks.

/jamil

I would try doing a factory reset on the camera. If that doesn’t help, keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you contact Wyze Support for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them that it’s already resolved.

1 Like

Same problem. Multiple versions

I had the same problem with my detection zone not saving and going back to the undesired position. I found a fix.
Set up your detection zone to where you want it. Quickly go back out of detection settings, go to advanced settings>motor controls>reset position then click “reset”. When it resets, it will default to the position you last had it in.
If u don’t quickly reset the position, the camera will automatically go back to the original “undesired” position.
I hopes this helps.

I’m having the same problem with my v2 Cam. Once I exit the app on my phone, the Detection Zone seems to get reset.