Detection zone for Video Doorbell Pro

Detection zone for Video Doorbell Pro

I get a good amount of people walking past my house and the motion detector goes off every time, so I’m getting a lot of ‘events’ that aren’t relevant. I’d love the detection zone functionality to be added like on the Cams so I could tell the doorbell to ignore the sidewalk and therefore only record and notify me when it makes sense to record and be notified.

1 Like

Same - we live on a busy street and I have Cam Plus set up for package detection only, but still getting “motion” videos captured every so often which appear to only be car traffic. And it’s killing the battery life - it will go through a full charge in like 3 days if I try to leave package detection on (all other AI events turned off). I’d love to be able to just focus the detection zone on our walkway & porch, not the sidewalk or street.

Please bring back the detection zone setting to the doorbell pro. It worked great on the original doorbell. Disappointed it’s not available. I’m considering returning it since this isn’t even on the roadmap according to support.

2 Likes

Same here. Kills the Battery

Agreed! I would love to get the Video Doorbell Pro as I heard good things about it, but I’m not going to get it until they update the app so it has detection zones. For me, I’m not sure why they released it without that crucial feature there.
I don’t want notifications of plants and other things blowing in the wind in the middle of the night triggering it.
Please Wyze!!

2 Likes

Likewise. Getting flooded with notifications of people walking by on the sidewalk…

1 Like

Agreed. I get the company is building back to health, however having similar functionality with detection zones in the Doorbell Pro would be really helpful. I might have to dump all my Wyze products if this continues.

1 Like

I’m not even getting notifications of any kind with doorbell pro. It won’t record events, alert on people, packages, vehicles, pets, etc. will be returning and reinstalling Wyze doorbell (non pro)

Please add detection zones for video doorbell pro - the low/medium/high sensitivity settings are not sufficient.

I believe this feature was supposed to have been added.
However, on Android 2.29.0.114 I could not see the option for detection zones after updating the FW to 1.0.64. Wyze Video Doorbell Firmware 4.25.1.042 and Wyze Video Doorbell Pro Firmware 1.0.64 Released! - 3/30/22

I still don’t see this option anywhere on my iPhone. I’m on the latest iOS app version and Video Doorbell Pro firmware.

The FW was released with the information. However, it appears that the Beta App version 2.30 is where it was fully implemented. Unfortunately, I have the 2.29 version now and cannot take a screen shot for you.

2 Likes

good to know its coming in the next release (hopefully)

Forgot I still had the Beta Release on my iPhone, here are the screen shots:

I shaded an area to show it as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Yay, thank you SO much! I can now order the Doorbell Pro as that was the one thing holding me back. Hope it arrives to the wide release soon.

I am glad detection zone was added but not how it was added. With my previous doorbell, an Arlo, you just pinched your fingers on screen to create your own boxes. With Wyze’s system of pre-done boxes that you click or don’t, I can’t properly mark the areas I need detection because the squares overlap parts I do want, and parts I don’t’ want, detected.