Detection zone box size

Same problem here. Used to work great with a smaller detection zone but now it’s too big and picking up every car driving by. Might be ok if we still had person detection. Really bad timing to introduce this issue because of that.

Somebody posted this same issue on reddit over a year ago and it still hasn’t been fixed. They found a workaround by running the app on an iPad and that let them set the zone smaller. I don’t have any Android or Apple tablets however so I’m stuck. Anyone else have a tablet they can use to confirm this workaround? Not that I’m going to go buy a tablet just for this, but it would prove there is something Wyze can and should do to address this problem for the rest of us.

1 Like

I have recently found that adjusting the size on my 10" tablet allows me to make the zone smaller. On my smartphone I cannot adjust as small. This solved my problem

I went to my android 10", it actually made it worse. It was smaller before I used this and it would only go larger, not smaller.

Finally found a workaround:

1. Uninstall the Wyze app from your phone
  2. Find and download the APK for an old version of the Wyze app. I used v2.0.26 from APK Mirror.
  3. Open the APK to install it on your phone. You’ll need to enable the phone to install apps from unknown sources.
  4. Open the app, connect to your camera, and set the detection zone to the smaller area the new version of the app won’t allow.
  5. Now you can update the app to the latest version through the Play store if you want. However if you do so do not try to adjust the detection zone afterwards as it will revert back to preventing you from selecting a smaller zone again.

Clearly this is a bug that has been introduced in the app at some point over the past year. It’s not like we’re asking for new functionality here, just a simple fix to make our cameras useful again.

If the change is actually intentional, then an official announcement of that and why it must be so would be helpful here. And if such is the case at least give us an option to keep the smaller zone if it means disabling some other incompatible functionality.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I did the same and I now have the small detection box back!
This will make my life much better! :grin: :grin:
Have a GREAT day!
Rick

Error post

this issue remains unfixed. before i could choose a much smaller box, thus less event videos which is better for me, for wyze, and for all other wyze users. from what i am reading in the thread, the degree to which you can reduce the box size is calculated using some percentage of the device width, so on a smartphone you will be much more limited than someone with a big tablet.

1 Like

If you have a phone that allows you to change the resolution try that.