Deleting videos on Wyze-cam

When i delete the videos from my phone that were made by the wyze-cam, does that also delete them from the SD card in the Wyze-cam?

1 Like

They are separate. Please see the following.

There are three kinds of recording available in the app:

1. Cloud motion/sound event: These are enabled in the camera settings (gear icon) > Event Recording. Also make sure that the Detection Zone under Detection Settings is not missing the area of motion. These are played back in the Events tab.
  2. microSD card recording: This is enabled in Advanced Settings > Local Storage and can be set to continuous or event only recording. This is played back by pressing the View Playback button on the live stream. This is completely independent from #1.
  3. Record button on live stream or playback: This saves to your phone’s camera roll or gallery, in real time, whatever is being played in the live stream or view playback. Note that it isn’t available when playing cloud events. It is viewed by tapping More and then the Album button, or by leaving the Wyze app and viewing the Wyze album in your phone’s photos or gallery app.
1 Like

Beat me to it, Dread. :slight_smile: Oh well, here’s what I was assembling:

Short answer:

You can delete Events from within the app, which deletes them from the cloud as well as from the local cache on your device. You can delete Playback footage by Formatting the SD card from within the app - this deletes everything on the card.

For some context see,

Section Event Videos here:
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022543292-Wyze-Cam-User-s-Guide

Sections Continuous recording | Record events only | Playback here:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022500271-MicroSD-Card-Playback-and-Time-Lapse

1 Like

@DreadPirateRush, is this correct:

Does it delete them from the cloud? I know it deletes them from the cache because I’ve verified it.

–

Separately, it doesn’t look like you can link directly to a sub-Section in the User Guide, is that correct?

eg, these: Continuous recording | Record events only | Playback

sub to: MicroSD Card: Playback and Time Lapse

To be honest, I don’t think it actually deletes them in the cloud, but removes the pointers (cookies?) to the events from your account. 14 days later, they are actually gone.

1 Like

So, not immediately “deleted”, but not available to you any longer. Good to know. :slight_smile:

Come to think of it, I believe I tested this by clearing the app data in the OS, and then signing back in. I’m pretty sure I had access to the “deleted” videos again. But, that was quite a while ago. -SHRUG-

Tricky. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve deleted videos everyday for past for days. They keep coming back. It’s driving me crazy.
I go into events. Select all. Delete. Go through each day until all cleared. Few hours later some events back. Next day, they’re all back. So confused. What am I missing?

Welcome to the User Community Forum @tekdm1!

Not sure why the event videos are not staying deleted. Once you delete them they should be gonners.

But then again, I don’t delete any of my event videos. I filter them so that it only shows me the AI tagged videos.

Since these are cloud saved videos, they have no effect on my local storage and they automatically get deleted after 14 days anyway.