Deleted rules for removed devices still running

This one is concerning. I removed some v1 sensors from my app, and deleted the rules associated with them but in my rules history I see the rules still running!

How do I really really delete these phantom rules?

submitted logs 203965

2 Likes

Old deleted rule associated with removed sensor still being run (Front Door Sensor was a v1 motion sensor I removed)

No more “Front Door Sensor”

It indeed ran, uploaded an event video and turned on the lights.

1 Like

I’m glad you submitted this. That is a weird bug. Maybe file a support ticket too and reference the logs you submitted.

Similarly, I could not figure out how to fully delete a Wyze Bridge from my account because it is not technically listed as a device in the list of devices. I still see them show up in the Firmware Updates tab, but can remove them for some reason. Might have to try deleting the camera.

I guess if I delete rules in the future I’ll be sure to set them as disabled first, then delete them so that there is no ongoing conflict.

Sounds like the same issue as this thread:
Anyone stuck with a ghost ‘RULE’ they can’t delete? - Ask the Community - Wyze Community (wyzecam.com)

I have a plug I can’t use due to a deleted rule that turns it on at 5:00pm everyday. Submitted logs etc… No word yet.

’m using android. I’m also having trouble with my Wyze Cam 2 and never got help. Here’s my reddit post 4 months ago. It’s annoying but I just create new rules to counter my old ghost rules. I have this invisible rule that it turns off my camera. I just made a rule to turn it back on a few minutes later. If anyone has a solution, please tell us. I tried everything. Disconnecting reconnecting. clear cache. unisntalling reinstalling.

Yeah “Ghost Rules” are frustrating. Wyze is working on it. Depending on your situation we can probably get a Wyze Employee to look into it.

1. Are you running the production app or the Beta App?
  2. Click on Add Rule - then Schedule. Now, tell me whether it shows the days of the week with checkboxes or whether it shows the days of the week with circles around them (this will tell us if you are using the Legacy Rules Engine or if you were migrated to the New Rules Engine).
  3. When it happens, will you take a screenshot of your rules history (Account icon, Rules History)?
  4. Also, after it happens, will you submit a Log (Use “Wyze App & Services” as the type of log, Then “Rules” then explain what is going on), and then include a Log ID number here.

We have had some luck with a helpful employee in charge of the rules engines helping figure these things out lately, so I think with all of the above information I think we can get them to look into your situation too and hopefully get this resolved. I can’t promise anything since I don’t personally work for Wyze, but I think we can get you into the right hands…

Then you’ll know that the community here is so much better than Reddit! Just kidding around. :slight_smile: I’m in both anyway, though only rarely in Reddit since I like the atmosphere here better. :slight_smile: