Delete event video without downloading/playing it or delete from device when deleting in the app

Currently there’s no way to delete an event video without clicking into it, which causes it to start playing and be downloaded to the device. It would be great to be able to delete these videos without them being downloaded, or at lease delete the video from the device once it’s deleted in the app.

2 Likes

To delete events without playing them:

1. Tap the Event tab at the bottom
  2. Tap the three-dot (…) button at the top right of the Events page
  3. Choose “Delete Events”
  4. Tap the radio button to the left of each event you wish to delete (or tap “select all” bottom left)
  5. Tap the Delete button, bottom right

Note that if you select all, only events whose thumbnails have been loaded will be deleted. Therefore, before starting the deletion process, make sure you keep scrolling to the bottom until no more thumbnails are loaded.

You must delete all events for each day separately. If you wish to delete events from a single camera, you may filter first before deleting.

Swipe to delete. Less steps.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! At certain times of the year my Wyzecam generates BOATLOADS of videos because of wind/trees blowing/shadows, that I don’t need to look at. It has been driving me nuts having to download and delete these one at a time all of the time!

While grateful that this method exists, it is SO UN-INTUITIVE compared to most other Apps where you long press on something to select it (and possibly long press others to select more) and then a trash icon or something is available to act on those selections. Perhaps we can get something like that?

I see someone said “Swipe to delete”. I’m not sure if that was a feature-request, or perhaps it works on the iOS version of the App, but it doesn’t seem to work on Android.

I use the option to select all and delete to purge multiple events but it still takes several steps to delete multiple pages of event. It would be nice to have an option to delete all the events for one day. Can you suggest it as an enhancement of the app?

1 Like

I agree!!
Since just about all of the events captured can be easily reviewed just by swiping the screen to the next event; why not be able to have the Select, Select All, Delete, and Are You Sure? tabs all in one location rather than popping up all over the screen?
Better yet, have a tab called, “Delete All Now” without any second option(s).

One additional note: On/in my android app, here are the steps:

1. Tap the pencil in the upper right corner
  2. Tap the check-box to the left of each event you want to delete (or tap “Select All” top right)
  3. Tap “Delete” bottom right
  4. Tap “Cancel” to cancel the delete operation

It’s not completely intuitive (especially starting with the pencil icon) but it works once you know about it.

Select All does not actually select all. Only up to the page you are on. I have to scroll to the bottom of all videos before tapping Select All. They lied.

1 Like