Delayed Wyze event notifications

Always been a problem - sometime its less than a minute, sometimes its a couple of hours. Wyze is not very good at fixing major problems, just offer suggestions that don’t work or suggestions that have zero to do with the problem.

Not to steer away from original post but the “Jerky” action of the pan cam has NEVER been admitted or addressed - just suggestions the do NOT fix it.

I prefer a company that is up front that “there is a problem and they don’t know how to fix it” or “there is a problem and we aren’t going to fix it”.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s going on here. But I’m bringing it up with the product team again and making the point that battery optimization settings have already been disabled in all of these cases.

1 Like

Thanks for trying. Wishing you luck.

1 Like

Thank you, cornarch51. I’m sorry that we haven’t found the fix for this yet.

It’s the Wyze app itself. Ring and Blink are instant even after the phone is asleep for several hours. If I disable doze via the adb method, then Wyze would be instant. Disabling battery optimization for Wyze doesn’t do a single thing. Gmail is like that as well…delayed notifications (Google said they purposely did that–that’s another story). Disabling doze takes a minor hit on your battery, but then you would have to remember to disable it again after a reboot or update if you want instant notifications from Wyze.

I will share this with the team.

Yup, After over a year I just live with it. Same experience with tech support as the others—Check your WIFI strength, reset camera, turn off battery optimize, check this, uncheck that. Like every other thread, there’s no answer to why 5 minute delay, my ring and Yi are within 5 - 10 seconds. Just accept that these are now only good to review events, not as a timely alert.

1 Like

I gave up on the is issue every being resolved, wyze notifications only come in when other apps wake the phone or the phone is in use. Its been like this since the redesign of the app.

1 Like

I have only had the Wyze camera’s since the middle of Dec 2019 and also have a few Ring products. The Wyze event notifications are always delayed and of late (this afternoon) it took almost 15 minutes to receive it on both phones (Galaxy) and Samsung tablet’s. The Ring notifications are always within a minute or so. It is very disappointing to read all these threads that continue to be unresolved and on-going. I am not giving up on the issue, we are going to replace every Wyze product in our home. No matter how good the product(s) might be, if you do not get notifications in a timely manner what’s the need. I personally have had major issues with the latest Wyze app closing unexpectedly when up and running as well as closing when it is trying to open. I have communicated with 4 or more Wyze support personnel and thus far absolutely no remedy. It seems like their approach to resolution is passing you on to someone else. I try to support up and coming companies but this has gotten out of hand. Good bye Wyze, hello Ring and or Blink.

1 Like

We are sorry to hear that this was your experience and hope that the other products fit your needs better. I will continue to communicate about this issue with the team.

I have a Pixel 2 and have had this problem before Android 10. My phone doesn’t alert me of Wyze notifications unless I unlock my phone or I receive a notification from something else. I’ve turned off optimization and adaptive but the issue still remains. I notice that I have the same issue with my MyQ Garage app notifications, too.

I have Arlo and Ring, both of which I receive their notifications instantly.

I believe it has something to do with the software on the phone because I immediately receive the Wyze and MyQ notifications right when I unlock my phone like they were sitting there being told not to disturb me until I unlock my phone. Yes, I have also checked to make sure that I have the individual notifications for the specific apps to alert me immediately on my lock screen as well, but it won’t… Unless I receive a notification from another app first.

I have the same issue with notifications popping all up at once with the pixel 3a on Android 10.

This is a conversation happening with the team. I can’t promise timelines or anything but the causes and options are being discussed.

Looks like there is another option that will prioritize the notifications in these cases. However, it can also drain the battery more quickly so there’s a definite trade-off.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and trying to get a solution to this issue.

Regarding a solution that could possibly increase battery drain. I have Blink cameras and been using the Blink Android app for over a year, and receive immediate notifications, no delay. Never noticed an increase battery drain using the Blink app, so it must be possible to accomplish timely notifications without affecting battery drain very much.

1 Like

Gwen, glad the delayed response is bring reviewed for corrective action but something needs to be done about your app failing by closing unexpectedly on a more regular basis than ever. Since the last app update the problem has closed probably 20-30% of the time when trying to look at different camera’s, lights, etc on the app. If this cannot be corrected the delayed event response time issue becomes a mute point!

You’re welcome, @cornarch51. I don’t know how severe the drain would be but I bet (though can’t promise so take this with a grain of salt) that we’ll poke around and see what we can do about that issue.

@just4pickels, sorry to hear about the app crashing issue! I don’t recall hearing about this happening to others with that kind of severity. Have you sent in any logs to us? We would like to look further into it.

Hi Gwen, I updated the app and since doing so have not had the closing quite as often. If I may, I will leave this email and perhaps give you an update in a week or so. I had previously sent the data file back to Wyze for review but never heard anything back.

May I ask if there is anyway to correct the notification sensitivity to stop so many events. I have turned the percent to 15% and still be tons of motion events due to either tiny, tiny insects or worst of all, car lights causing a glare on our driveway that sets it off all the time. I have had to adjust the zone to a very small area that truly makes no sense but…….

Any advice on setting this up to a more tolerable rate would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

1 Like

Hi Charles,

Thanks for letting me know about the improvement! I would greatly appreciate hearing back from you in a week when you have been able to do more testing.

Wyze Cams being used or pointed outside can be tricky. You may want to try setting a motion detection zone to limit the area that would cause an Event to be recorded.

We’re working hard on our person detection version and I look forward to us being able to give it to you.

That sounds great about the person detection system upcoming. I had already set the limited detection zone and unfortunately it still picks up the glare from the driveway and on another camera same issue but it catches the car lights glare off a wooden fence and routinely sets off the notification. This is even with a very limited detection as well. Hopefully the upcoming system will correct this issue.

I will let you know about the app over the next week or so.

Thanks again for the follow up.

1 Like

My pleasure. I hope you’ll share your thoughts about the person detection feature with me when we have it ready.

Have a great night!