Delayed Wyze event notifications

Been having same notification delays for months. Wink notifications are instant.

Going to purchase some Blink cameras since today’s the last day they’re on sale. Need some outdoor cams with instant notifications and not having to rely on the adb disable doze hackery. Please fix your app, Wyze. Ring and Blink apps get instant notifications even when asleep for several hours.

I’m on a Pixel 3a and regularly experience notifications all happening at once when my phone is unlocked. That is pretty concerning when we use this as a security system when we are home at night.
*I haven’t used Ring products but if what other users in this feed write is correct and they have “instant” notifications I would prefer something like that instead of a notifications only after the 12sec clip is uploaded.

1 Like

I think the notification issue is more to do with the backend/server side and less the app, but who knows. Delays come and go, this goes hand in hand with cloud devices. I will say that other cloud services can be much faster.

Hopefully, server infrastructure upgrades are in the works that will resolve the delays.

I’ve submitted support tickets on delayed notifications on Android several times in the past months and always receive the empty promise that the problem will be addressed and corrected.

But, I still have delayed notifications and at times receive several notifications one immediately after the other.

I guess this is a “computer science problem” that is too difficult for Wyze to solve, or they favor iphones and don’t care about their customers that use Android phones.

I agree, the cameras were purchased to monitor our home when at home and away from home. But they are useless with this notification problem.

I just wish Wyze would be truthful and tell us if they can or will correct this problem or not, instead of constantly lying to us that they will fix the problem.

Given my experience with Wyze and delayed notifications, I can not recommend Wyze cameras to any friends and family, since Wyze only gives empty promises of support and never fixes the problem.

I’m finished buying any Wyze products, and now wish I wouldn’t have purchased so many.

I’ll be making folks aware of this problem on Amazon in a review with a 1 star rating.

Unfortunately, the forum is full of threads about delayed notifications. Only once did I find one were Wyze acknowledged that it was a cloud issue. In that case they were able to get that one particular issue resolved, but overall there needs to be significant improvement on their end regarding this.

Delays and slow downs will only get worse as customers add more devices, and the delays will become more noticieable when lights, plugs, etc, start not responding.

If you are not getting notifications from an app until your phone wakes up, a task killer is probably closing the app. I think Android has one that is built into the system now.

Try adding the Wyze app to the power exceptions list and see if that helps.

I have made exception for the app , turned off adaptive power all that , you name it, worked with wyze support for months, it’s the same now as it was in September 2018 when it started , this is not isolated , it’s affecting a lot of people…
Some people just live with it , like me , some people just don’t say anything , other people don’t know is not right.
When I get a notification for my other brand cameras, I know something’s happening right now , with the wyze cams there’s no telling when it actually at happened, it could be anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours or more

1 Like

I have also done everything disabling battery optimization, etc. Sometimes the notifications work, mostly they don’t arrive timely. I post my experience in every “delay” thread. Like I said hopefully Wyze will optimize their cloud service especially now that they will have a subscription plan, but I am not holding my breath.

Wyze and Ecobee are the only cloud devices I have left at this point.

I also have that issue where all the notifications show up at once when I unlock my pixel 3a. I tried turning off adaptive power and the battery optimization for the wyze app. None of those worked. I’m not sure what the issue is.

I actually stopped receiving all push notifications at one point. Then I unplugged my wyzecam and replugged it in. This somehow activated the push notifications again for my phone.

1 Like

Are wyze employees really blaming this on our WiFi network? Lol. It’s obvious their servers at fault . Went back to ring for instant notifications.

Always been a problem - sometime its less than a minute, sometimes its a couple of hours. Wyze is not very good at fixing major problems, just offer suggestions that don’t work or suggestions that have zero to do with the problem.

Not to steer away from original post but the “Jerky” action of the pan cam has NEVER been admitted or addressed - just suggestions the do NOT fix it.

I prefer a company that is up front that “there is a problem and they don’t know how to fix it” or “there is a problem and we aren’t going to fix it”.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s going on here. But I’m bringing it up with the product team again and making the point that battery optimization settings have already been disabled in all of these cases.

1 Like

Thanks for trying. Wishing you luck.

1 Like

Thank you, cornarch51. I’m sorry that we haven’t found the fix for this yet.

It’s the Wyze app itself. Ring and Blink are instant even after the phone is asleep for several hours. If I disable doze via the adb method, then Wyze would be instant. Disabling battery optimization for Wyze doesn’t do a single thing. Gmail is like that as well…delayed notifications (Google said they purposely did that–that’s another story). Disabling doze takes a minor hit on your battery, but then you would have to remember to disable it again after a reboot or update if you want instant notifications from Wyze.

I will share this with the team.

Yup, After over a year I just live with it. Same experience with tech support as the others—Check your WIFI strength, reset camera, turn off battery optimize, check this, uncheck that. Like every other thread, there’s no answer to why 5 minute delay, my ring and Yi are within 5 - 10 seconds. Just accept that these are now only good to review events, not as a timely alert.

1 Like

I gave up on the is issue every being resolved, wyze notifications only come in when other apps wake the phone or the phone is in use. Its been like this since the redesign of the app.

1 Like

I have only had the Wyze camera’s since the middle of Dec 2019 and also have a few Ring products. The Wyze event notifications are always delayed and of late (this afternoon) it took almost 15 minutes to receive it on both phones (Galaxy) and Samsung tablet’s. The Ring notifications are always within a minute or so. It is very disappointing to read all these threads that continue to be unresolved and on-going. I am not giving up on the issue, we are going to replace every Wyze product in our home. No matter how good the product(s) might be, if you do not get notifications in a timely manner what’s the need. I personally have had major issues with the latest Wyze app closing unexpectedly when up and running as well as closing when it is trying to open. I have communicated with 4 or more Wyze support personnel and thus far absolutely no remedy. It seems like their approach to resolution is passing you on to someone else. I try to support up and coming companies but this has gotten out of hand. Good bye Wyze, hello Ring and or Blink.

1 Like