Delayed notifications

I would be tempted to set up another Wyze account and move a camera or two to it and see what happens. I mean, with that many cameras being delayed and some not even with SD cards, maybe there is something to do with the account. Iā€™d probably still format any SD cards first. Give it as clean a start as possible.

I guess we think alike , Itā€™s funny you say that because, I didnā€™t mention it but thatā€™s Another thing I did last night .
I set up a new separate account With a new camera on my old S 7 Android phone , Public app version .
I had a couple that came through quickly (As I do sometimes with the other cameras) but Others were 4 to 15 minutes late Before they came in during the test.
I donā€™t get why My other notifications including my blink cams come in quickly , Everything but Wyze cams

At least by doing that, it should isolate the problem to the camera or the cloud. Well, actually no, something about your particular network could still be involved. Either on the upload or download to the cloud. Not likely, but still a possibility. Setting up on a completely different ISP would be the only way to eliminate that.

Is it all of your Wyze cams? or just several?

As I said It;s all of them that I have hooked up, I have 4 more cams Iā€™m not going bother to hook up till this problem is solved ,

If There is something wrong with my particular network , I donā€™t know why my blink cams Notifications come in quickly but wyze does not

why canā€™t the user determine if he/she wants the vid clip to go to the cloud? or change the procedure and send the notifications at the same time as the upload?
if we didnā€™t have to wait for the upload, and then the notification to be sent, couldnā€™t the notification be nearly instant?

This Wishlist topic may interest you. You may vote and/or comment on it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree! The only problem I see with this great suggestion is that all to often the notification of motion is never received in real time.
Usually, if Iā€™m fortunate, I will get a notification around 30 seconds after the actual motion event. Unfortunately many times it can take as much as 15 minutes after the motion event before I get the notification. I had two notifications last week that took almost an hour before I was notified!
My Skybell front door camera works flawlessly at giving me a real time view of the motion so I am able to talk to the person. Wish all my Wyze cams were able to be as quick.
But I like your suggestion.

1 Like

Still experiencing delayed notification delivery, 5+ minutes. Is there any progress on correcting this to be more real item?

Hello @sewlect What app version are you currently using? Most likely, this issue you are experiencing is the behavior of the device/phone being used and not the Wyze app.

Iā€™m not aware of any wide spread issue with delay in notifications. Iā€™m on the current Android app 2.5.30, and Iā€™m not experiencing 5+ minute delay with my notifications. I receive notifications in 10 to 12 secs after an event is recorded.

If you canā€™t get the help you need here on the forum, you can submit a request on the Wyze Support page.

Submit a Request

1 Like

StopICU33
My delays are consistently running between 30 seconds to 15 minutes. Never in real time. Iā€™ve submitted requests before but basically all I got was one tech who said, it was a known issue. That was nearly a year ago.
I have two other cameras by other manufactures and they both produce notifications to my phone in real time. Usually within a second or two of detecting motion.
My only guess is that the Wyze servers are just not as capable as they need to be. Certainly not as good as the other manufactures that I am using.
The slowness of notifications and the 5 min. cool down are the biggest deterrent to buying more Wyze or recommending them.
I like the camera and the Wyze company culture so I hope that these kinds of growing pains will be fixed soon.
By the way, I think that Wyze could simply reduce the free video storage from 2 weeks to 1 week and then shorten the cool down to a respectable 15 to 30 seconds. This would make for a great compromise.
After all, since I have, as most should be doing, my SD card set to ā€œrecord eventsā€ I donā€™t need cloud storage for 2 weeks. Anything important would have already been reviewed within minutes and saved if needed.

2 Likes

I agree with gx1844, Wyze should take some ownership regarding timing of notifications as impacted by Wyze servers and/or the Wyze app.

I also experience delays in notifications from 30 seconds to 15 minutes (longer on the times the Wyze servers have bigger issues which is thankfully not too often).

Wyze please publish realistic expectations as impacted from your side.
Of course there are things that can impact this on the customer side but you should acknowledge the Wyze impact.

Understand you clearly label these as NOT for security purposes BUT Wyze clearly understands that this is a typical use case for Wyze customers. Doesnā€™t Wyze have some accountability here?

1 Like

I think WYZE should strive to make notification come as timely as possible, but not because people use them in a way that WYZE says not to. That would be like saying WYZE should make the cameras hold up better to weather extremes because WYZE knows that people use then outdoors when it clearly states it is an indoor camera.

Solved long delay issue when android went into DOZE mode. Used IFTTT+ Pushover for notification.

I disagree that using IFTTT to get quicker notifications is a solution , I contend it is a work around , not a solution :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree it is a work around, solution would be for Android to fix the DOZE issue and allow true whitelisting of apps to allow through

agree

1 Like

why does ring, arlo, etc work and wyze doesnt?

Hello @droodski and welcome to the community

As far as ring, I donā€™t know, but I have an Arlo and during the times I get delayed notifications when the phone goes into a ā€˜Dozeā€™ mode, it stops Arlo also, even stops my emails from coming through.

Too soon to claim a victory for sure, but on my galaxy s9 I created a do not disturb exception under notifications. So far so good.

1 Like

Use ifttt with wyze + pushover. Works great.