Delay before recording

It seems like there is a 5 to 7 second delay from the triggering motion to the time it starts recording.

I have the camera pointing at an entry way. If someone walks through, all I get is the door closing behind them and then the remaining 12 seconds of nothing. Any fix?

Thanks

I have a “cam outdoor.” Just installed it and all firmware is updated. There is an SD card in the base station.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! 5 to 7 seconds seems to be a little long, but there is a delay for sure when the camera starts recording after an event. The camera is normally in a sleeping or low power mode. When it detects motion through the PIR sensor, that commands the camera to wake up. Now the camera does a second check of the motion to see if it passes your sensitivity settings, then it starts to record. It usually takes a few seconds to accomplish this, but 6 to 7 seems long.

You can test your camera by standing (might be easier to take the camera down from it’s mount and have it sitting on a table or something) out of frame, waiting for the cool down period to end. And wave your hand say 10 times in front of your camera fairly close to it. Now when you see the event in the app, how many waves do you see? Only see 7 waves? 3 waves? Now do the maths on how long does it take you to wave the amount of times that the camera didn’t catch. We can start here for troubleshooting.

Another idea is to have a Wyze Sense contact sensor on the door, so when it opens you can have a rule that commands the wco to record a short video. That’ll give the camera a headstart when there is action in the entryway.

6 Likes

Following this. Seems the same for me. Recording always seem to pick up the last few seconds of activity.

2 Likes

if you posted a screenshot of the detection setting’s page, including the detection area, we can help suggest some ideas. Most likely, optimize the placement of the camera would help.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue with my indoor Wyze Cam V2s. I am missing important events due to this delay. Any fixes yet?

On your v2? Is it a recording delay during a video event, or the cool down period after a event video is saved?

Just an update from my comment a few months back. Recording has gotten better, delay is down to a second or two.

1 Like

This is also occurring with my Wyze Cam v3. However, the delay is around 15 seconds.

Few items to note:

1. When trying to update the detection settings in app the image appears “gray” so you are not able to view where the motion blocks are set.
  2. Motion is set to 100%
  3. In the events view, it shows the “detected person” but in the recording it does not.
  4. The signal strength of the cam is 3 bars which appear to be very good signal.
  5. I’m able to reproduce this consistently.
  6. Running latest firmware as of aug 27 2022

Thanks

What delay? Delay before notification or delay before event recording starts?

Can you post a screen shot?

Explain this more please. Are you saying the event clip is tagged person, but there is no person in the view? Is there a person anywhere in the frame? Do you have cam plus or camplus lite on the camera?

Delay: delay between when the camera senses motion and when the recording event starts. This causes the camera to miss the event that occurred.

See the two attachments: 1 is from the event log of recordings. 1 is from the start of the actual recording for that event.

Normal Cam but when I had Cam Plus, same thing happened.

Thanks

Ps. I made some updates to the motion area and the impacted areas with the delay are within the selected areas for motion sensing. Also, person detection is on. I just tested again and the delay was about 19 seconds.