Daughters user account cannot see invite

her phone had shared view to our wyzecam working just fine till today.
i had to reset her phone ( unrelated ) and then re install wyze on it. I sent her an invite. with her account, notifications / messages just remains empty. I logged with her account on my phone, same result. I shared the cam with my wife’s account & she got her invite & it worked on wifes phone.
I logged onto my daughter’s phone with my account & I can see the cam.

so I tried different phones. it seems my daughter’s wyze account is the problem. she is not seeing invites. any suggestions what I can try to fix this?is there some sort of delay period? thanks

I would try un-sharing with her and then starting again. If that doesn’t work… keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you contact Wyze Support for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them that it’s already resolved.

1 Like

Is she checking notifications area? I think that is where it showed up for me when I shared it one time.

In the current production (not beta) app, you tap Notifications then tap Messages to see the invitations. That is going to change a bit in the next major release that’s currently in beta.

thanks for the suggestion, but yes we are looking there.
theres something wrong with her account because when i try with other accounts on same device the invites appear.

Did she confirm her account when she set it up?

yes, this setup was already fully working till a day ago. she was watching from my shared cam.

now regardless of how many times I try to invite her account, she gets no messages, no matter where she logs in from

how can I tell if an account needs (re)confirmation ?

another idea I had was to delete and 're create her account. but there doesn’t appear to be a delete wyze account. anyone know where this feature is?
thx

@sgi Do you want to delete her account from the Wyze servers, or just her phone? If it’s an Android, and you want to clear the app’s data, you can go into “Settings”, “Apps”, select the Wyze app from the list, “Storage”, and then clear data and cache. Hope that helps.

thanks but I had tried that, & it’s her account that’s the problem, not the new phone.

yes I need to delete & 're create her account on the wyze server , that’s why I asked where the delete function is

I don’t believe there’s a delete account function in the app, or on the website. I’m tagging @UserCustomerGwen on this one. Also…

This forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you contact Wyze Support for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them that it’s already resolved.

2 Likes

So the shared cameras go to the account instead of the app or the phone. Until you revoked the share invitation, she should have still had access to that camera which likely would prevent the share invitations from going through. We can delete an account but we also may want to check on the server side to see if we can see what’s going on there. I would also recommending contacting customer support. :slight_smile:

Sgi I am having the same issue and we’ve put in a ticket as well. If you find out what the issue is please post, will do the same.
Thank

hello again, as a little update, my second wyzecam arrived the post. i set it up & it shared immediately with my daughters device first time. firmware 4.9.3.64 app 1.5.82

1 Like