Data breach

Super disappointed with the response to this issue from Wyze. The lack of details directly provided to users is disturbing. The inability to change my email on the account is a major problem for me. I have Wyze cams in multiple distant locations on multiple networks and it’s just not possible to start a whole new account, add all the products, and redo all the settings without traveling.

And now the forum moderators are closing the comments like this one as fast as they can. Boo.

Anyone else here ready to go elsewhere? I loved the hardware and price until now.

Great, if you think all this is a major problem and want to get rid of all your cams do you want to sell me your cams?

It’s been commented before in different posts, Wyze has responded, apologized many times and dealt with this. If you as as a consumer are still not happy, you have a choice to leave and go elsewhere…

@Vancity23 it seems you and your buddy above @gemniii seem to troll together. been commented before in different posts, Wyze has responded, apologized many times and dealt with this. If you as as a consumer are still not happy, you have a choice to leave and go elsewhere…

This is a public forum with consumers as myself, like yourself (I assume) and everyone else on here being able to freely comment. But I cannot help but notice you’re a bully. The news is still unfolding about the data breach and today Apple news released an article on it. So what it happened 3-4 days ago and the topic was established then. If I, or anyone wants to continue to talk about it, we can. Just like you 2 can troll around and look for ------ , negative comments to engage in.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

3 Likes

I think the reason for closing threads is because there’s already one that’s been going since the beginning and still active. Multiple threads on the same discussion gets confusing

2 Likes

@raym64 understand. Multiple people and multiple forum’s, can’t keep track. There’s an @ this for one person and an @ that for another included in the forum. Not sure who decided to close the forum due to the data breach in the first place.

@raym64 actually just noticed people engaging in this topic , roughly upwards of 715 comments in the ongoing thread.

Yup and Wyze even pinned the topic to the main forum First page, so they aren’t hiding it.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Updated 12-29-19] Data leak 12-26-2019

To consolidate this discussion, this topic has been closed and the relevant posts merged here:

Please continue the discussion in that thread.

There are several posts in this topic that do not follow the Community Guidelines. Those posts have not been moved. In particular “… when you respond, remember to criticize ideas, not people”.

1 Like