Custom Motion Detection Zone not working

When selecting the custom motion detection zone on my V3, objects moving outside of the selected squares still trigger an alert/event recording. Anybody else having this issue?

Wyze Cam v3 Firmware 4.36.1.4 / Latest iOS App Version

The dark squares are the area that is “Blocked”/locations you don’t want movement detected, everything outside that area is fair game.

Yeah, I have the area I want motion to be in as the light squares and the dark squares as the areas I don’t want motion captured in.

If the “motion” occurring inside your no-detection zone causes any kind of light patterns or reflections within your Selected zone, that could be what is triggering motion detection. The cams use a pixel-change algorithm to detect motion as opposed to an infrared sensor. Headlights or reflections from, sunlight patterns, etc. will trigger motion detection without any actual physical object moving within your zone.
Try turning on Motion Tagging from the Cams main screen “More” menu and see what it is tagging as the detected motion.

I have the same issue. The motion being tagged is not contained in any of the selected boxes but continues to trigger my notifications. Very irritating.

Same issue here. Tagging is occurring in the dark blocked out areas and motion is being detected. Wyze Cam v3 Firmware 4.36.1.4 / Latest iOS App Version.

I also have the same issue. Called support 3 times. The custumer sevice reps on phonestart with “sync your time” then “reduce sensitivity” . If you push long enough you get “known issue, no solution.
So they advertise features that dont work. Take our money. Do nothing to resolve the problems. And buy new Porsche Turbo S’s with our money.
We are the stupid ones.

I’ve been struggling with this problem for months and the more recent firmware versions haven’t helped… motion outside the area triggers a detection and motion inside the area often does not. It seems completely broken and the implementation on the v2 camera also appears to be the same. I thought the concept was that any motion in the greyed areas would be completely ignored but that’s certainly not my observation.

I’m considering reverting to the pre-“custom motion detection zone” firmware but before I bite the bullet, has anyone had any success with getting this to work properly?

yes the same
been going on for months
software upgrades haven’t made a different
I mean its simple, so I know I’m not doing anything wrong: simply darken out the area you don’t want to check for motion. anything that move in that area SHOULD NOT trigger a motion alarm…right?

N O T !!!

I’ve replied to your comment here, please don’t cross post.