Critical Alerts for iOS to bypass Do Not Disturb mode

Hello everyone,

I have an important request for usage of Wyze cameras. The most useful time I can think of having my cameras is at night, when someone is most likely to break in a home. Because we also need a good nights sleep, Do Not Disturb mode is a welcome function on iOS, problem is that I do want to get notified if someone breaks in my home. With that said, iOS 12 introduced what they call ‘Critical Alerts’, which could be extremely useful to get these very important notifications. Now, for Wyze to implement that, they have to request this functionality into their app directly to Apple, which is what this request is about.

But there is a workaround, using IFTTT to send SMS and bypassing ‘Do Not Disturb’ by adding ‘Emergency Bypass On’ to the contact’s info. Problem is there are too few triggers available right now, Person Detection being what I need.

There is another post, not inside #Wishlist though, that discusses this very issue and some ways to workaround it. Check it out at: https://forums.wyze.com/t/critical-alerts-on-ios-and-wyze-sense-to-alert-through-do-not-disturb-sleep-mode/

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Critical Alerts on iOS and Wyze Sense to Alert through Do Not Disturb/Sleep mode

2 votes have been moved.