Create stored settings profiles for cameras

Users have requested the ability to store complete settings profiles for cameras that could be named and restored as needed. The profiles would contain all settings available for the camera, including the on/off status of detections, detection sensitivity, detection zone shape, etc.

The stored profiles could be activated as an available shortcut action for each camera. In this way, the profile restoration could be done manually, scheduled or as the result of a trigger.

Motion detection does not work properly at night
2 short term requests; 1. Away and Home mode 2. Alert sensitivity
WiFi update
Add More Actions for Wyze App Shortcuts/Tasks
FRq - Common Profiles
Actions, notifications per cam vs. globally
While Home Stop Recording While Still Able to View
Add More Actions for Wyze App Shortcuts/Tasks

Thanks for adding this Rick. I’ll try to expand on the use of profiles. Having the camera settings saved off in an SD file (Profile) would or could eliminate the need for development to create more “actions” for every setting that comes up. Profiles, or a set of different camera settings, could be saved for when camera owners are at work vs a different set of settings when they are home, not simply turn the camera off or on. Profiles could have different settings for vacation vs a normal in and out week, daytime/sunlight vs night time, etc. Also, if your camera isn’t permanently mounted, like if you moved it to different locations for special projects, you could have a profile for each location and load them as needed.

I’m not sure how drawing different detection zones would ever be accomplished by an action. But, loading that from a file? Sure. I don’t see re-configuring a camera as a series of actions unless you have a really robust set of actions and you would still be missing different detection zones. Actions, to me, are more like a macro or script of things I do, like turn on time lapse for the next 3 hours, save a short video, etc. Things that aren’t settings. Changing profiles could be added as an action and even better if they could be scheduled to load. I don’t have a long list of cryptically named shortcuts changing various settings, nor do I want them.

Today I moved a camera from indoors to outside. The camera had the sound settings on since it was only on when I was out and about, but once outside, I found having the sound detection on was not tolerable. However, at night this may not be the case and having a daytime and night time profile scheduled would allow this to switch without twice daily intervention.

Turning sound detection on and setting the level are two “Actions” that are on Rick’s list for shortcut actions to add. From what I see, all but two of the requested actions could be handled by profiles. Also, if we had the ability to save and load a profile, moving a camera inside to outside and back, would be as simple as reloading the profile.

Last night we had some pretty fun lightning storms with around 3" of rain. About 3:00 AM, I decided to kill some of the notifications I was getting. I have three cameras either outside or pointed outside, each with their own settings due to location. I could have simply turned off notifications, but I noticed different cameras were giving significantly different number of push notices, so I wanted to experiment as to why. The details of my experiment are for another post, but this morning I would like to return all my cameras to their regular settings and having these saved would way simplify the task at hand. Also, having settings files (profiles) would be like having different modes for the camera. A raining at night profile, day profile, night profile, etc. would be so much better than just unplugging it or turning off notifications all-together.

I will be using the PanCam as an inside security device when we are away. I noticed in the Discover tab that some use it to record when at home, as a child sleep monitor, as a pet monitor, outside security, etc. The setup would be different, depending on the use case. For those new to the camera especially, the ability to create shortcuts from commonly used Profiles would be helpful. In particular, some older adults or those who are technology shy would benefit.

Well, you have to vote (at the top of the page) if you want profiles.

Well, I didn’t know this topic existed, and didn’t post in this topic - I posted a new topic actually. I assume an admin or forum AI tool moved my post here. I’m new here, and this forum is not intuitive at all, more like a maze (to me at least).

Ah, ok. One of the mods doing some organizing moved it, I’m sure. Thanks for voting and welcome to the forum. The forum is a little different and takes some getting used to, but it is good here.

It would be nice to be able to set multiple alert schedules per camera.

For example, my camera that covers our front driveway also covers the road. I minimize the detection zone so that alerts are not fired every-time a car drives by. At night, it would be nice to switch to full screen detection, or even use a different detection zone setting so I could cover the road at late night hours.

Currently I manually turn off detection zone setting when I remember.

Thanks!

Don’t forget to vote by clicking “Vote” near the heading at the top of the page.

Every time someone asks for a new action (settings change), I should add it here as an alternative.