Covid Tests

Contact your Credit Card company to have the charged reversed.

My free tests are arriving today. :slight_smile:

My government free tests that I ordered in January 25 were delivered yesterday. Of course, if I had Covid in the long wait period for the tests to arrive, I could have infected a lot of people… or maybe even been dead myself. Once you use the four tests, how do you get more for later on? It won’t let you order again.

Before mine came, I needed one, so I ordered them from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KZ6TBNY

From what I’ve heard the law now requires your health insurance to reimburse you, but I haven’t checked into the details on that.

The free-for-all is a one shot but as @LonnieM just said, all health insurance plans (if you have one) are required to reimburse the cost of 8 tests per month, per person (so a household of 5 can get 40 free tests per month).

Spoke too soon. I shouldn’t have believed the e-mail message from the post office. :frowning:

No tests still, no update, and no response to my polite request to cancel my “shipped” order a week or two ago. I’m initiating a chargeback with my credit-card company.

Friends be careful with the liquid in those Covid19 rapid home test kits, they may contain Sodium Azide added in as a preservative.

“COVID-19 rapid home tests pose risk for toxic chemical” COVID-19 rapid home tests pose risk for toxic chemical

I’ve now used the iHealth tests (sold by Wyze and also shipped free from the feds) as well as the Binax tests. Am I the only one who finds the iHealth tests much less confidence inspiring?

With the Binax you add solution and stick your original sampling swab directly in a card. It all remains there as it mixes with the fluid and soaks the test.

With iHealth / Wyze you dip the swab in the solution bottle, stir and squeeze it, discard the original swab, and then hope the resulting solution is sufficiently infused with the sample as you proceed to add just a few drops of that mixture to the plastic tray.

They’re both fully approved but one test seems so much more likely to keep enough virus around…