Covid Tests

I ordered on Dec 21 and Dec 31. Neither has shipped yet according to USPS, although Wyze order status has said “shipped” for both for weeks. This is very frustrating, since I could have ordered them from Amazon or elsewhere for upcoming travel but now they just do not exist. Really bad service by Wyze.

I echo this. My order is dated Jan 1, and says “shipped”, but also says “in packing” There is a shipping label with USPS, but they claim they haven’t yet received the material, as of Jan 11… I’ve seen shipping labels issued shortly before the package arrives, but not this much.

You need to see if a new delivery service called GOPUFF.COM is in your area. They located COVID test kits for $22.00, charged $1.95 for delivery and I had two kits with two tests each IN AN HOUR. If the test kits are out of stock, they restock usually in a day or so. At least you don’t have to pay first and wait forever for the kit to arrive!

Gopuff delivers daily essentials in minutes! Get $15 ($5 off each of your first 3 orders) when you sign up.

Woohoo! I got mine 9 business days after I placed my order.
It was shipped 5 B-days after I ordered.
Not so bad considering the HUGE demand.

12/29/2021 - Order placed
01/06/2022 - Actual ship date (First UPS facility scan in Ontario Cal. 12:30 am on 1/7)
01/12/2022 - Order received (New Jersey)

Info provided by Wyze,com needs improvement.

BTW - My covid tests were delivered yesterday 1/12.
I checked my order status, and there are 3 pages showing a status is Shipped.
Another spot shows “Your order is in packing”

A note about package scans -
USPS is notorious for missing pickup scans. They have improved lately, but I have received numerous priority mail packages where the only scan was the delivery scan. UPS is much better with pickup/delivery and intermediate scans.

I had to theaten legal action against Wyze after they refused to cancel my order. Also, when you send an email, it automatically gets no reply unless you REPLY AGAIN, this is truly as fraudulent as it gets… The run around with this company and the games they are playing now is disgusting.

It is by FTC regulations for a company not to bill you until it ships. If anything has a long delay, they must inform you of the delay, if you ask to cancel the order after a delay with no notice, and they ship it to you, you may keep the products for free and not have to pay for it.

As for the people who post that the tracking does not work but got it delivered, this is garbage. POST THE TRACKING # for all to see. As a logistics expert, ALL USPS shipment will show receipt or in transit after a label is created. It is scanned through multiple hubs. If it shows no movement but just label created, it is just that, NOTHING HAS SHIPPED

Why is the label created? Because if you read their email, it says that YOU CANNOT CANCEL AN ORDER if a t racking is created. These are HEALTH kits people are waiting for, possibly affecting lives and people around the people who want the tests, it is a disgusting practice, and at worst, illegal by federal trade commission rules for mail order, and backorders.

BTW: I ordered twice from IHEALTH and already got BOTH orders delivered AFTER the WYZE order. Why did Wyze accept orders when they had no stock of covid kits? Why didn’t they limit their orders to products on hand? Why didn’t they put a notice you were placing an order for products they don’t have? This is literally illegal also.

2 Likes

Thank you for the relevant information. I’m still waiting for the kits that were ordered on 12/21/2021.

If you can get delivery by GoPuff, they got me now four kits for $23.99 each. They charged me $1.95 for delivery and the kits arrived in AN HOUR from a local store. The service is not available everywhere, but it sure beats Wyze. They also offer a discount on your order so you pay even less than the $23.99 per kit.

Gopuff delivers daily essentials in minutes! Get $15 ($5 off each of your first 3 orders) when you sign up.

A formidable competitor emerges.

1 Like

According to an email from WYZE, my package with eight (8) tests supposedly was “shipped” on 1/6, The tracking number provided is 9400109202043585770130 and thirteen (13) days later the USPS site shows that the package has NOT yet been received at the USPS facility. So do not believe ANYTHING they are saying on shipping. Weeks later, promptly charged and NOTHING!

FYI…

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/4414698082587--iHealth-COVID-19-Test-Kit-Order-Status

1 Like

Yeah, if the FTC references about shipping within one month are accurate - I have not confirmed - then this is not okay:

Every week (I believe), “Jimmy from Wyze” sends me an email containing shipping updates for all products which were pre-ordered and awaiting shipment. I wonder why the status of COVID tests can’t be included in that email since they seem to be in the same category. Maybe because the tests are not pre-ordered, but actually ordered?

Either way, some communication around the delay could be helpful to let us know what we’re expecting in terms of an ETA.

Actually the 30 day rule applies IF they haven’t stated a shipping time. And the stated shipping time when I ordered was a few days. Here is the language from the FTC site:

Business Guide to the FTC’s Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule

What is the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Rule?

The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the “30-day Rule.”

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay – either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent – you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.

So if the seller just says “ships in 2022” during the order then all bets are off? Not a whole lot of teeth there.

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/4414698082587

Indeed. I’ve already received a request for an evaluation of the product, but the product itself is nowhere to be found.

Thank you for the link to that status page, @Seapup!

I ordered the kit 1/2 and the original ETA was 5-7 business days (1/13, if my calendar math is right), so Brenda’s “allow an additional 2 weeks for delivery” brings us to 1/27. Looks like I still have a week or so to wait…

1 Like

Charging a card before it ships, especially with delays is unethical.

Putting something up for sale, and not disclosing it is a preorder and not having stock. Especially for COVID test is unethical.

This is affecting people’s lives and the health of the people around them. Weeks? No answer? No way to cancel because they made you a tracking number half a month ago??

Lastly, aren’t these kits free now (after the 15th). But this won’t qualify because you were charged before the 15th and that is what is recorded with the credit card company.

how do i report this as scan ? 2 moth ago i was charged an no way to get the test , i