Covid test delay unacceptable

Call yourbcredit code and cancel

Contacted Wyze thru their chat. After 25 minutes or so got a message that I could leave an email and they would get back to me.

Indeed they did. I indicated I wanted a refund. And as expected they said it had already shipped. I explained that it had been in packing for awhile and it was promised to be shipped in one to three days from my initial order received email.

Again told policy is no refunds. Told them in that case would contact my credit card company. As I recall then transferred or heard back from a supervisor. She approved refund and it has been credited to my credit card.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting in queue in their chat for 2 hrs. While waiting, I filed a dispute with PayPal and my credit card. PayPal gave a time frame of 3-4 weeks, so I went ahead and disputed it with my credit card even though that will cancel my PayPal dispute. I’m waiting for Wyze because I’d like my money back ASAP, not in 2 weeks —IF the dispute is resolved in my favor.

Their online “help” said that I can’t cancel since a shipping label was created. They created that label within a day of my order when they didn’t even have any in stock. Heck, they collected money on a product they didn’t have. How much money have the collected from people without having anything to sell? That much be a lot of money! Interest free money!

2 Likes

We keep hearing of that “explanation” but how does it hold any water? A site could make up a shipping label before you even complete your cart checkout. It’s meaningless.

1 Like

I too am very disappointed in Wyze! It seems that they never had these in stock and are just a middle man setup to collect the money and make a profit. I was not told they did not have them in stock. I will not be ordering anything from Wyze again unless they tell me they have it in stock ready to ship or it is a pre-order. Oh and when I too contacted them about why I got an email saying shipped when it has not shipped. I was told even though I did not ask for a refund that I could not get a refund because a shipping label had been created. So it seems this is what they did. As soon as you ordered they created a shipping label. Thus locking your the order where you could not get a refund. Money in the bank for them!

I am going to try cancel thru my credit card. I have ordered some from the Government for free. Just go here they are free. covidtest.gov

They are free from the Govt, but they don’t have any in stock either:
t4Bw8k2d

I did go and ordered a free test yesterday. I ordered my test from Wyze on 1_2 and a shipping label was created on 1_2. So I cannot cancel according to them. What the hell! This is unacceptable to me and I thought Wyze was a better company then that! Will not order any thing else from Wyze without a confirmation from Wyze that it is in stock and ready to ship. I have ordered pre-ordered items and I understand that those are not in stock. I will be contacting my credit card company to see if I can cancel my order this afternoon!

I ordered the free kits too. Also, if you have health insurance, most are covering up to 8 kits per month for free or reimbursing up to $12 if purchased online.

1 Like

And it’s 8 kits per month per person. In any size household that’s a LOT of tests.

The only drawback is that many/most plans will require reimbursement claims.

1 Like

When I ordered mine from covid.gov. It showed I owned nothing.

Customer is referring to health plan reimbursement. Flip your out of pocket expenses to your insurance company… they are required to cover the cost:

References:

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services

U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

1 Like

Attention Everyone: According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Wyze has to give you a refund if the item is not delivered within 30 days. The FTC Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule (16CFR Part 435) requires sellers who solicit buyers to order merchandise through the mail, via the internet or by phone to have a reasonable basis to expect that the sellers can ship within the advertised time frame, or if no time frame is specified, within 30 Days. The seller must obtain the buyer’s consent to a delay in shipping or refund payment for unshipped merchandise.

3 Likes

From my confirmation email of January 30 from Wyze:

We’ll get your order ready and shipped out within 1-3 business days unless your items are on preorder.

Since that was the stated time frame and it was not shipped as “within the advertised time frame” it would appear that Wyze must refund. I would quote the FTC law if you choose to contact Wyze…

Latest update: Today I received this:

Get $5 off your first Wyze Cam

Thank you so much for choosing Wyze for your COVID-19 testing needs. As a thank you, here’s a coupon that’s good for $5 off our best-selling product, Wyze Cam!

But no test kits.

And I already own 4 cams.

1 Like

You may also use the FTC rule as the basis for disputing the charge on your credit card or Pay Pal.

Oder the free test from the government COVIDtests.gov (https://www.covidtests.gov/). I got my test in 4 days. And it is the same test as Wyze is selling IHealth.

Ordered my home COVID test from COVIDtests.gov on 01/18 and got it on 1/22. Surprised the hell out of me. But I now have 4 test in my hand. And they were free.

1 Like

On the 19th I ordered the government issued free test kits,it said 4 per house hold,so I ordered them for all my close neighbors, I think I ordered like 11 people

I ordered my tests on the 18th and today I got an email from USPS saying delivery is expected by January 27.

That was nice of you to order for your close neighbors. That reminds me that I need to check on my elderly custodian at work who doesn’t use computers or even the “smart” features of her smart phone.