Couple SD card questions..

support

So I have an SD card in my one camera. It is set to continuous recording which is working and I can view playback.

Questions:

• Should motion detection now not be constant rather than have the 5 minute cool down? I just had motion trigger at 11:05 am. Worked perfectly. Then 11:06 it should have triggered again. I see motion being detected in the playback. But no notification....
  • Is it possible to get an overlay on the playback of when motion was detected?

marc asked:
> Should motion detection now not be constant rather than have the 5 minute cool down? I just had motion trigger at 11:05 am. Worked perfectly. Then 11:06 it should have triggered again. I see motion being detected in the playback. But no notification….

If you are talking about motion detect based web uploads and notifications to your phone, then no. There is no relationship with SD card recording and notifications to your phone.

> Is it possible to get an overlay on the playback of when motion was detected?

Yes. While watching the camera, select “More” and then “Motion Tagging”. It’s cute for a while and then you will get tired of it and turn it back off.

Oh so motion notifications will always only re trigger after 5 minutes regardless of SD card?

I dont see a More button anywhere. I’m talking about seeing motion on the playback timeline. So I can just scroll to where motion was detected and start playback there. If that makes sense.

Again, if you are talking about uploads to the cloud and notifications to your phone, correct - every five minutes max.

Watch the camera live and you will see the “More” button. After turning it on, the green box around motion will be recorded as part of the video so you will see it on playback (starting at the point when you turned it on).

So once SD card is installed nothing with motion notifications changes? Those clips are still being pushed to the cloud and it is still every 5 minutes for notifications. No way around that? Would event based sd card recording work better for what I’m looking for. Does that make motion notifications come sooner?

Ya that’s not what I’m asking. When I go to playback there is a slider that runs along the bottom of the video to scroll to a specific time. But what seems somewhat odd to me is that there is no indication in this slider when motion was detected. So you could easily go to that point and replay it.

If you want a “Local copy on SD card” of motion events, choose “Record events only”. It will then save 1 minute videos to the card regardless of when the motion was detected within the one minute segment “starting at the minute based on the Wyze cam’s clock”. It will probably be better for the cards lifetime as well. See https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/question-for-wyze-when-using-record-on-event-when-is-%ce%bcsd-card-written-to/#post-154317

And no, there is no indication on the slider bar, or any way I am aware of to find the triggering event, other than to watch the 1 minute video from the start until you see what might have triggered it. That feature has been requested multiple times, but as far as I know, it isn’t on any plans for implementation. It may be something that would be very hard to implement.

It would really be nice, as you say, if there was a visual indication in the slider, and even better, a playback contol button to “skip to next event”.

I think I would prefer ‘Record Motion Events Only’ to the SD but would like to be notified via push when that happens.

Marc,

There is no push notification available when motion is recorded to the SD card, even when the card recording is in “event only” mode. However, when events only are being recorded to the card, you should see green shaded areas on the playback timeline indicating where 1-minute segments were saved due to motion. You can use a pinch-out gesture on the timeline to zoom in for finer control of selecting time.

One technique is to note the time on a cloud alert clip that you got notified about. Then got to the SD card playback and check the next five minutes.

The cloud based alert clips are completely independent from the SD card recording. Push notifications are only available for these and are subject to the 5 minute blackout period for each alert type per camera.

This all makes so much more sense now!

Thank you all.