Count Motion EventsTo Google Docs

Before I discovered Wyze cams I used my old iPhones with Manything and they have a feature to update a Google Docs workbook each time an event occurs with date and time, and other attributes. My particular use case is for a Wyze Cam pointed at the railroad tracks from an upstairs window. Could be added to schedules and automation, in my case am trying to count the trains each day.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

This can be done with IFTTT.
You would use the Wyze camera as the trigger and the Google document as the action. I don’t believe there’s any other way to do this.

Also, don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item!

1 Like

Great suggestion for ifttt and have that working, are there any attributes available in addition to motion detected, date and time? Might add this camera to Camplus if could use it to count trains each day, would like video duration for example

Below is what the Wyze trigger for motion detected whites to Google Sheets, the date and time format has to be altered to have it recognized as a date and time for any analytics, totals, etc. which is a pain but can write some VBA to deal with. In this use case I am counting the number of trains in a given day or overnight. Could also be used to count people walking by if the person attribute was available,

FYI, my Eufy Cam I use for IOS integration detects crying every time a train comes from the train whistle so hopefully you can do better with AI.

|1|Motion detected on Train|March 25, 2021 at 07:03PM|
|2|Motion detected on Train|March 25, 2021 at 07:21PM|
|3|Motion detected on Train|March 25, 2021 at 07:31PM|