Corroded, burst contact on Wyze Watch 44mm?

Has anyone seen this happening before?

The watch was ordered directly from Wyze 12/3/20, shipped 4/7/21 - been wearing it under 4 hrs a day - and just today, noticed something scratchy on the back of it. Lo and behold - it burst! One of the contacts seems to have burst with pieces of metal sticking straight up.

Related: how do I request support (replacement or refund) on this? Is there a way to do so online? After poking around on support.wyze.com/ for 10 minutes, I can’t seem to find a “submit a support request” button or link. The one that I did find (support.wyze.com/hc/en-us) gets me into an endless loop suggesting answers - but without an actual way to submit a ticket.

Thanks!

You should call Wyze by phone at (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT.

Are you saying there isn’t a way to do so online?

You should call Wyze by phone at (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT.

Thanks to @darkpuma in “Support? Hello?thread - was able to get through and submit a support ticket. (Not a big fan of calling.)

Ouch.

1 Like

Glad I was able to help! Also glad it wasn’t just me that found the system needlessly confusing lol

1 Like