Cordless stick vacuum motorized brush not spinning

My cordless vacuum floor brush suddenly stopped working. I cleaned out the brush by removing it and inspecting it for anything that may be preventing it from working correctly. Checked for clogs, also connected it directly to the vacuum without the long tube, still nothing. The lights don’t turn on either. Anyone experienced this? We love our vacuum, hoping the fix is simple.

Welcome! Is there any debris around the electrical connections on the brush head that you can see. I had this for a brief time, but after a few reseats of the brush head into the vacuum or expansion tube got it to work again. No issues since.

1 Like

Had the same problem but after taking apart the sections and putting them back together it started working again :slight_smile:

Keep an eye on the belt too. My belt was broken.

Do you remember the belt size?

It’s a 2M-158-3 belt, sometimes referred to as a 158-2M-3 belt. Just google “2M-158-3 belt”.

Just bought the Wyze cordless vac in September, yesterday the light stopped working and the brush stopped working. I took the long extension out of the middle and tried it with just the motor and the brush, and the light came on and the brush started to turn.
I shut off the vacuum and inserted the middle extension and the light and roller started turning again. Spray the contacts on the long middle extension with contact cleaner.

I read all of the responses to this problem, but my situation was different. There are 2 retractable pins (electrical connections - see photo). One was retracted/stuck like a frightened turtle. At the end of the gray portion, where the attachments would connect to the canister, there are 2 small phillips-head screws. I removed the screws, allowing removal of the gray piece and giving access to free up the stuck pin. Working again

1 Like

Great thinking!!!