Control switch on double/triple/long press as well as other items in the Wyze ecosystem

When configuring additional controls on a Wyze Switch, you should be able to modify the power state of the switch the press is made on.

For Example, if I want to turn off multiple switches with a double tap on a single switch, or turn off Wyze Plugs and the switch with a triple tap,

This seems so simple that I am honestly shocked that it wasn’t included in product launch.

• Give the option to allow a double, triple, or long press to turn on AND off a Wyze Plug. I would like the ability to turn on/off a wyze plug with the same button press rather than a double press for “on” and a triple press for “off”.

• Allow a double, triple, or long press to turn on the same wyze switch. Currently the option to turn on itself is limited to a single press.

• I’m not sure if a bug exists but when set up to turn on a different wyze switch with a double,triple,or long press, it doesn’t turn work.

Thanks for your consideration.

6 Likes

I am also disappointed with the options of the switch. I have a detached garage and I wanted to be able to turn on the outside garage lights from the house. But because it won’t let me group the light on my side door that goes out to the driveway and the garage lights, I had to make a rule that when I turn on/off the side light, the garage light also turns on/off. This is fine for this situation because I don’t plan on needing to turn on just one or the other. But when it comes to my kitchen and dinning room it’s a different story. I have a galley style kitchen that opens up to my dinning room. I was originally going to run new wire and install three way switches in the kitchen and dinning room so I can turn either of the on and off from both ends of the rooms. But when the Wyze switch came out I decided to just use them so I wouldn’t have to run new wiring. The problem is I had to use double tap to turn the other light on and tripe tap to turn it off. I was hoping to be able to use double tap to group both the kitchen and dinning room together and for the double tap to be able to turn it on and off. It lets you choose that option but all it does is turn it on and off real quick. This also creates an issue with the amount of devises you can control with a single switch. I have the same issue with my utility room that is on the other side of my kitchen. I wanted to use the kitchen switch to control the utility room light but because I had to use both the double and triple tap just to control the dinning room light I can’t use it to control my utility room light because I only have the long press left. I feel this is an oversight for this product and hopefully Wyze can fix it through a software update.

3 Likes

The Switch was a good prototype, but there are many missed opportunities to make it a much better product. Such as being able to use it in multi-poll systems, incorporating a dimmer, and being able to use the 2-touch, 3-touch and touch-and-hold without first using single-touch.

Keeping this thread going… another feature which I’m not sure has really been spoken to is the ability to use the multi-click commands without first turning on the light with a single click.

Some examples of why this might be useful:

• My light was on at full brightness, but now I want to turn it on at a dimmer setting (e,g, so I don’t blind my dinner guests). It would be great to just be able to triple-click, which is set to turn my lights to a dim setting.
  • If the double-click is set to unlock my front door, I would like to be able to do that without first having to turn on the hall light,

Twice now I’ve had the issue where I lost internet for a short time and when it came back on one of the switches (a different switches each time), kept blinking and wouldn’t reconnect to the network. I ended up having to turn the breaker off and on again to get it to reconnect. There should be a way to reset the switch without having to cut the power, for example hold the button down for ten seconds or so.

1 Like

To reset the switch, press and hold the switch button for 20 seconds. When the LED status begins to blink quickly, release the button. Once the status light blinks slowly, your switch is reset.

Also would like to see the Wyze Switch … Additional Controls … be able to control another switch. This would make the switch be able to do a form of 3+ way behavior.

Also… even for existing wall Wyze Plug & Wyze Plug Outdoor (and Wyze Bulb etc although I don’t have a Wyze Bulb yet so assuming here), wish it had a “Toggle” action not just On/Off.

3 Likes

Agreed! This should be a fairly easy way to fix the second largest short-coming (IMO not having a dimmer function is a bigger issue… but it’s debatable)

Otherwise, I quite like the switches I’ve installed.

Completely agree with you. Would love to see Wyze come out with a dimmer type switch.

At the same time, although this might be an On/Off switch directly, think you would agree… the assignable actions should include not just On/Off of another device… but if that device (eg the Bulb, etc) has a dimming feature… it would be great to have the Additional Controls be able to do those things to another device respectively.

As a stretch item, it would be great if there was an option to execute a “routine” … which might include say having a 20 sec timer before doing an action like turning off a device… oh and btw… if it was more of a routine rather than an immediate action, be able to turn itself off.

Now… I do understand that the logic appears to be immediate event driven… and some of the timer aspects can be done on the side with a routine … or likely more with Alexa or IFTT.

No matter how one does it, continue to be impressed with the Wyze products overall… and feature set for cost is keeping me pleased as a very tiny user.

1 Like

Add me to the list of people who would like to be able to double or triple click to control multiple wyze switches at once. It’s honestly what is keeping me from buying more than the three I currently have. I’d probably replace all 20+ in my house which Wyze switches if it had this one feature.

Second, I would love the ability to “group” switches and then double click to turn on/off the group. This should included, of course, the light connected to the switch being pressed.

Finally, the toggle feature would be fantastic as well.

If I’m ranking personal requests:

1. Use one switch to control other switches.
  2. Group switches and be able to double/triple/long press to control the group.
  3. Add a toggle feature.

Adding my humble contribution to say that the Wyze Switch should support a toggle on/off feature to a connected Wyze Plug instead of forcing them to be two separate on/off actions. I’m not a programmer but it seems very easy to add.

1 Like

Count me in on wanting to use an advanced action that includes an action on the switch I actually press. This was kind of why I purchased the switch. Silly I need to do an advanced action to control another switch or device, but then need to perform a separate single-press to do the same action on the switch I pressed to begin with.

3 Likes

Wyze switch needs to be able to:

• Control other Wyze switches via taps
  • Do the above with one tap (virtual 3-way)
  • Initiate routines with one tap
  • Dim on hold (new SKU acceptable)
  • Dim with one tap, on with two

These switches are already smart, but they could completely replace my old Insteon switches with only some software updates and a dimmable version.

Is there a publicly available product roadmap for Wyze Switch?

I agree with @shdwlynx and pretty much all the suggestions in this thread. I too was looking for a replacement for my Insteon system and was considering the Wyze switch and plug. But the lack of functionality has me looking elsewhere. This is a missed opportunity for Wyze. Since Insteon disappeared, there is a large group of smart home users looking for a new solution. Unfortunately, Wyze is very slow to move and I doubt we’ll see any new functionality soon.

I realize I’m repeating myself here, but, aside from dimming, everything else I (and everyone else) suggested can be accomplished with only software updates to the Wyze app and firmware updates for existing switches.

Come on, Wyze. Tell us that at least some of this is already on your roadmap… and target dates would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I want bathroom fan to turn off in 15 minutes on double press. Why there is no capability to do it?

1 Like

Wyze Switch: turn on if off, turn off if on (toggle)

We just started using the Additional Functions option on our Wyze switch. It would be useful/more practical if the double press and other additional functions had the logic to turn something off if it was already on and vice versa. For instance: a double tap turns on a Wyze outlet. When done, another double tap on the same switch to turn the Wyze outlet off.

2 Likes

Completely agreed. The Wyze Bulb has this option when being toggled via a Wyze Switch, so I don’t see why they are excluding it from the Wyze Plug.

Agreeing with the feature requests here.

The biggest ones for me are the toggle and the ability To control other Wyze switches.