Continuously recording to SD card clip length?

wyze-cam

Is there anyway to change the duration of the clip recorded to the SD when in “Continuously Recording” mode? It appears it records in 1 minute increments which is a pain if you are recording an event of any length that you want to save.

Thanks

That’s the way the file format works. I would not expect it to change (my opinion). Note that there are video players (such as VLC) that will happily play a batch of files in order and for the most part, you won’t notice that it is separate one minute files.

Ditto what K6CCC said. Plus, another alternative is to start playback in the app and tap the record button. The video will be saved to the album in the camera roll. The downside is that this only works in real time.

Thanks for the info, interesting on the record of playback, hadn’t thought of that method.

The one thing I did notice is that at the end of every one minute clip the image froze for several seconds even though the audio kept going. The weird thing was when the next clip started it picked up right where the last one left off. Tried VLC and another piece of software and both did the same thing. Can these freeze frames be trimmed off, yes, but if it’s a longer clip say an hour, that’s trimming 60 clips. Just struck me as odd.