Continuous SD recording

Once my SD card is full will my wyze loop back and start recording again or do I need to format my card and start again myself. I currently have 0.5Gb left and am getting playback error messages I’ve never seen before shop I belive its having trouble recording but am unsure of howthe system works

Your SD card will use a” rollover “ feature to continuously record. The oldest recordings will be written over with the newest.
There is no set formula for how much recording time you will get. It depends on factors like card size and cam resolution.
This continual rewrite is the reason to use High Endurance cards. Standard data cards are not designed for it and develop problems, and the cards sold by Wyze aren’t High Endurance cards. I switched several of my cams months age and a number of oddball problems went away. In regard to formatting the cards, best practice is to format the card in a laptop device using the program below and the Full or Deep option which will overwrite/repair any bad tracks which the camera option will not.
Here are some resources:
Info on High Endurance Cards
High Endurance Cards
Memory card formatter

2 Likes