Continuous Recording with more than 1 camera at a time?

Is it possible to continuously record a video on more than one camera (both with SD cards) at the same time? It won’t let me start a recording with one camera and then try to select another camera and start a 2nd recording without asking “Cancel or stop the recording” on the current camera that I’m working in.

I have a few cameras at a vacation home and would like to continuously record a couple entrances at the same time. Are there any other options for doing that? Time Lapse? If that’s my only option, what are the best settings for that? What does is interval mean? Leave at 3 seconds?

With SD cards, and the Continuous Recording option set, the cameras are already recording continuously.

The Record option in the app copies a clip to your phone, but it’s not really a robust solution for creating a continuous, off-site recording.

You could do a time lapse, but I’ve found that long time lapses are both huge, and don’t reliably download.

If you visit the home every few days, you could take out the SD cards and copy the video files to a large backup drive.

As mentioned above, if you have SD cards installed in the cameras and have set them to Continuous Record in Settings > Advanced Settings > Local Storage, then video is being continuously recorded to the cards. You can view it by tapping the View Playback button from each camera’s Live Stream. When the card gets full, the oldest video is erased and replaced by new. You might want to consider setting the SD card recording to Event Only. That way you’ll get much more relevant video on the card before older video is erased. Generally speaking, there’s nothing of interest to see when there isn’t any motion.

Just to be clear, you DO NOT press the Record button on the Live Stream to record to the SD card. The Record button on the live stream has nothing to do with what’s on the SD card in the camera. It simply records what you’re seeing in the live stream in real time.

Currently, the only way to transfer the video from the SD card to your phone is to View Playback and then press the record button to save what you’re seeing from the SD card to the phone in real time. This can only be done one camera at a time. As mentioned above, if you have access to the camera, you can remove the card and transfer the video files to a computer.

With regard to Time Lapse, the interval is the time interval at which the still images are taken that will make up the final time lapse video. The final video plays back at 30fps. So, for example, if the interval is 3 seconds, then you get one frame every 3 seconds, or 20 frames per minute. If you run the time lapse for 5 hours, you’d end up with 6,000 frames in the final video (20 fpm x 60 min/hr x 5 hrs). 6,000 frames played at 30fps will result in a video that’s 200 seconds (or 3:33) long.