Continuous recording to sd card stops once card is full

When you said you format once they show 0.00G/0.00G, you were formatting the card while it was in the V2 camera? If that’s consistent it seems like a bug to me. But they only claim to support 32G SD cards. Did the clicking happen only when you are around the camera? That’s “normal” for the V2 cameras. If you change the lighting conditions they switch modes, and move an IR-Cut filter that make a clicking sound. But the Blue/Yellow isn’t normal, almost like it got into a reboot loop. How were you able to connect to the camera when it had flashing blue/yellow (should be solid blue when it is connected).

Correct, formatting the card from within the V2 unit.

The clicking was not related to the lighting conditions because IR was set to On (always on). Also, the camera would go between blue (good) and flashing blue/yellow (not good)… so I just had to reconnect when it was blue, then try to format fast.

Only after reformatting did the camera stabilize to blue and start recording again.

I have had this issue too but with a 32GB card. The clicking is the camera rebooting. Something is going wrong when the card becomes full causing the reboot loop. Wyze has the logs and is investigating.

I had this exact same issue today. The V2 camera in my office started to click this morning. I read a post from RickO which mentioned turning the Night Vision off, then on. It didn’t help, I still heard the clicking. I checked my play back on my SD card and it was recording fine, however the clicking just kept happening over and over again so I search the forum and found this post so I tried to format the SD card (an EVO from Amazon, 64gb) and the formatting operation kept failing. I popped out the SD card and the clicking stopped! I put the SD card in my computer and Windows 10 told me there is an issue with the SD card and I had to “Repair” it. I did and it was fine. I popped it back in my V2 and tried to format it thru the app. Took a couple of times however it is formatted now and no more clicking! Thank you for your responses, it helped me figure out my issue! I installed this 64bm SD card in my V2 on 04/21/2018. It lasted only about a month and a half before issues cropped up today. I will see how long it will last this time around!

So the beta firmware 4.9.1.76 came out today, it includes one interesting line:

• Changed SD card rollover logic to delete 1 hour of oldest video each time
What did it do before I wonder? Almost seems like we ended up in a situation of the volume full, and unable to record anymore. Wonder if this fixes it.

I updated my cameras and will see.

I believe that before it only deleted one minute video segments at a time. I can see how possibly when the card is maxed out, if it deleted only a one minute file and then tried to replace it with another, it could be really stressing the card capacity limit. Makes sense that this change to delete an hour at a time could fix this issue of card corruption.

From my observations, it was deleting the oldest day when the card filled. That could create an issue if using small cards. For example if using an 8GB card and recording 11GB per day (about what I’m getting on some of mine with continuous recording set).

My WYZE CAM stops recording somewhere between .5 and .7 GB remaining. I don’t see an error message or any other indication, except there is no video available. I think my SD card is bad, but I would expect to see an error message. Otherwise when you want to look at recorded video from the SD card it may not be there. I have a V2 at the latest level of firmware.