Continuous recording and recorded vids

Hiya!
So I had an “event” in my front walkway that I needed to find the person behind it, with my pancam I had it on continuous recording so I popped the memory card into my laptop to go back and see.

The logs were organized by date, and hour in one minute shots, so 60 per hour in each folder.

It was about a 6 hour window that i had to scan, and it really took a long time to get to the clip i needed. Clicking each video, no…ok next…no… ok next…until I found it.

Is there a way to change the setting so it records in one shot per day so it’s easier to go back and check?

Thanks!

Try viewing them with VLC.

The video structure is baked into the firmware and can not be changed.

That said, various tools will let you fast forward play back the files sequentially without manually loading each one. The cross-platform free VLC Media Player will let you play back a sequence of files at 4x speed. On Mac, QuickTime Player will let you play back at 2x, 5x, 10x, 30x or 60x speed. I believe Windows Media Player has similar ability.

I’ve also realized that I’d like to come up with a solution, considering if the camera just got stolen, I’d have no way in finding anything out.

I wish it would record to a 2ndary location

There are two solutions to this:

1. Wyze has released RTSP firmware for the cameras. It does take a bit of tech ability, but you can switch over to that and then record full time to a user-provided RTSP compatible NAS device, or

2. Coming later, Wyze is developing Max Drive, their own NAS solution. It will not require the RTSP firmware. It is well along in development, but there isn’t a firm release date at this time.

You can search here on the forum for “RTSP” or “Max Drive” for much more info.

2 Likes