Continuous Live Stream?

oh wow, big update this afternoon, although still testing. i was reading this thread from a few months back about when they removed hardware acceleration from the app, and decided to re-download an old APK to check it on my fire HD 8. Restore hardware acceleration on android - #48 by gemniii
in the thread i saw a link to the Release notes & firmware and mention of a previous version’s download being restored. https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172
click that, scroll down and you’ll see v2.4.82 where you can click that and download that version. you can download it directly onto your tablet via a browser. Uninstall whatever “new” playstore version you have before installing the v2.4.82 . after install and logging back in, goto Account, then App Settings, Camera, enable hardware decoder.

As soon as i did that and clicked on my 4 cam split screen group, WOW. all four of my camera’s timers are damn near in sync with each other. if one lags for a moment it quickly catches back up. i can’t believe all four times are nearly in sync. not only that but they are nearly all within 1-3 seconds of NTP(time). wow.

and secondly, probably because i’m on the latest BAD firmware release that got pulled yesterday, when the cameras disconnect they AUTOMATICALLY RECONNECT WITHIN A COUPLE SECONDS! INCREDIBLE!!! it pops up saying a cam disconnected but very very quickly auto reconnects! authentication 1/3 2/3 3/3 BOOM! shows the stream again. why on earth has the auto reconnect been removed from the app!??? that is a big part of my recent rants/complaints about having to keep going back out to home page and reload the group so much to get them to authenticate again.

so try out your amazon fire tablet on the new version from playstore, then try the old v2.4.82 APK with hardware decoding on.

2 Likes