Contact Sensors Defective

I had a door sensor lose contact with the bridge yesterday. I figured it was the battery, it tested at 2.5V. I replaced that original battery with a new battery that tested over 3V. Of course it did not automatically reconnect. I deleted the sensor via the app, then attempted to add it back. I never could get it to associate to the bridge that it used to connect to (which has another sensor that is working on it). I jumped through all the hoops, and just gave up. I think the reason it lost communication was because the sensor died, not because of the 2.5V battery. The light would blink when trying to associate to the bridge, but it never would. Another sensor to add to my box of busted sensors.
I would love to order some more, but they are out of stock.

1 Like

I had the same issue with mine. I bought them in 2019 so I honestly didn’t think it was worth trying to contact customer service to replace. Literally none of mine work anymore and I had bought a ton. I had one on every single window and outside door. I was so disappointed.

I think the old sensors just weren’t very good. Only my motion works now. I believe new ones will be coming, I just hope they would offer previous owners a discount or free shipping on the new sensors since it became clear the old ones just didn’t cut it.

1 Like

If I had a good USB microscope, I would love to do a post-mortem video on all these broken ones I have.

Welcome @jessicalmccart!
You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

Yup. Same here. 2 defective sensors and told Wyze couldn’t do anything about it. Got an email yesterday saying they will be offering the new sensors for sale soon. But I’m skeptical based on the poor first version.

Welcome back @aszatkowski!
The new V2 sensors are improved to fix those previous issues. They will have a stand-alone hub instead of being connected to a camera.

I just lost another contact sensor today. I replaced the battery, jumped through all the usual hoops, and nothing. I ordered a new sensor kit off EBAY (was not cheap either). I hate to have to buy a whole new hub and new style sensors, but I guess I will have to for the long term solution.

You can use any of your remaining sensors with the new hub and purchase the V2s to replace as needed. The new sensors can not trigger home monitoring alarms, they can only trigger automations.

I think right now you must buy the new hub/sensor as part of the home alarm system monitoring package?

The V2 sensors are currently only available with the purchase of the home monitoring service. I believe they’ll be available for purchase without HMS when the V2 sensors officially launch. A date hasn’t been announced yet.