Contact Sensors - Alert After Remaining Open Past a Specific Time of Day

Would be a helpful option to have an alert if a contact sensor is left open after a certain time of day. Extra handy if the alert could be triggered even if the app global notifications option is set to off. I realize there is an alert if a sensor remains open for a specific amount of time.

For example, I leave my garage door open slightly during the day for airflow, If it’s still opened after 10 pm or so, I would like to receive an alert

2 Likes

The ability to schedule sense notifications is currently in testing as described here:

It will be accomplished via the Shortcuts feature.

I don’t think you’re ever going to see notifications happen when the global notification switch is off. That would pretty much defeat its purpose. There would be combinations of “exceptions” for this to happen. Global is just that – no notifications from Wyze – all or nothing.

1 Like

I realize I can set time schedules for when alerts can be received per sensor, but I don’t think that would accomplish what I’m looking for. I want to get an alert if the Garage Door is left open after a specific time of day.

Is that type of alert currently in testing?

2 Likes