Contact sensor doesn't like freezing temperatures?

I have a contact sensor monitoring my overhead garage door. It’s mounted on the inside of the garage about 10 feet from the bridge.

A few weeks ago the battery in the sensor died so I replaced it. In not able to get the sensor to connect to the bridge. A few weeks ago was the first time this winter that the temperature in the garage dipped below freezing.

The bridge is working fine as I have other sensors inside the house which are reporting correctly.

Any tips you can offer to get the contact sensor connected?

Thanks.

Bill

1 Like

I have one mounted outside about the same distance from the bridge and temperature has never been an issue. If anything it would degrade battery life.
When you replaced battery are you sure that it made good connection with the +- contacts inside the Wyze contact
-are you sure the replacement battery was good to start with
You say it won’t connect to the bridge. Do you mean it is showing in the app as offline or are you trying to reinstall and it won’t connect?

1 Like

It is a China battery so it no telling. cr1632
If I need a long life
https://www.amazon.com/Conwork-CR123A-Lithium-Battery-Mounting/dp/B07DB3ZR9J/ref=pd_ybh_a_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WMS08KH4ADDXF8BA8GBE

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BAT002-CR123A-Lithium-Batteries/dp/B01B3EQR8A/ref=pd_ybh_a_10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XYHKBF4TVYB63GRAX4SX

1 Like

wyze sensor mod

1 Like

THe battery tested good. When I please the reset button the lights blink several times but I get an error message when I try to install that the bridge can’t connect to the contact sensor.

1 Like

I would suggest that you try deleting the sensor and reinstalling it.
Other things would be to Power Cycle the cam containing the bridge the cam is linked to.
Delete and reinstall the App itself. Your devices are linked to your account so you shouldn’t lose any data.
Failing all this it might be time to Open a Support Ticket

2 Likes

Try Bring the sensor in the house and let it get warm up and try it in a couple a days.
Maybe a solider joint got broken and my come back together. It not build for military specs.
Some people have put computer mother board in oven to re solider them.
It can be 0 temp but when mount on same can be colder.
If you get working is to cut out a hole of foam block for protection.

1 Like

I tried all the suggestions listed and no progress made. I opened a ticket and support is replacing the contact sensor.

1 Like

Perfect! Sorry you had this problem, thanks for trying all the suggestions and glad Support is replacing!