Constant buffering with camera (Google Nest (Home) and Echo (Alexa))

It seems to affect different people differently there’s no set pattern turning on or turning off the IR light doesn’t work for everybody I don’t know what it is but I wish they would fix it

Just updated the firmware to .199 hoping the buffering issues were fixed. After 10 seconds of viewing camera on Echo Show 8 buffering started occurring and won’t stop. If I take the camera off night vision it stops buffering. If I take the camera off IR it still has buffering issue. This and the 10 minute timeout has me seriously considering returning my camera. PLEASE FIX!

They, Wyze and Company are currently working on a fix so grab a cuppa joe and wait like the rest of us… Basically they’re a good company going thru adolescence… :wink:

1 Like

Same here, turning night vision off does nothing to help buffering

Also still having the issue on both Google Home and Echo Show.

1 Like

This is new…
During the day my Wyze Cam Pans appeared not to buffer on my Echo Show Alexa 2 devices. But soon as it got dark they do. So I shut off the night mode and they now do not buffer at all.

So there is an algorithm incompatible that Wyze is using when connected to aforementioned devices that needs a closer look & probably updated firmware. I’ll pass this onto them ASAP.

I am satisfied without the nigh vision if it does not buffer for now. I ordered 3 of the v3 outside cams due mid month that may alleviate the issue who knows then the 2 Pan Cams can come inside .

Actually I’ll copy & paste to save type! lol :sunglasses:

Update: I now see this was posted before, but it was new to me!

Yes… [mod edit] That’s been happening and identified for quite a while now

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

My bad sorry I am so busy I did not read the full thread. Anyway the v3 new outdoor cams with the starlight low lux in color nighttime should do the trick for me. My 2 pan cams will come inside mid month which is where they are designed for better. :panda_face:

[mod edit] I just tried turning night vision off on my Pan Cam and with it off, there is no buffering soooo it would appear that the onus is on Wyze

I hope that you are not offended, but not too many of the millions of users have the inclination to trundle thru literally 10s of thousands of like posts.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

Is Wyze any closer to having this issue solved?

2 Likes

Ok the Wyze Pan cams regarding watching them via Echo Shows. What is odd is that even in non-night mode 1 of the 2 constantly buffers…but get this ONLY during the day never at night! Why?

So weird. I’ve done all the normal fixes like rebooting checking internet, firmware etc.

Brand new echo show 5, Wyze cam pan and v2’s, latest firmware, night mode, constant buffering. Through iOS and Android apps, perfect streaming quality.

Also I don’t see the question answered by Wyze definitively. Does the camera have to stream everything to cloud and back down in all cases (app within network, app abroad, echo show within network, show abroad ??). I ask because these cameras work perfectly to app no matter where I am. So it’s not a bandwidth issue OR cloud right?

Brand new WyzeCam V2 and Echo Show 5. All current FW updates. Excellent WiFi signal quality. BUT… I have the repeating ~4 second buffering cycle issue when the Wyzecam V2 camera is in night mode. After searching this forum, disabling night mode SEEMS to prevent this problem from recurring. No similar issues occur with any of my other mfg’s cameras, or when viewing the WyzeCam V2 on my iPhone. For my application this makes the Wyzecams I have purchased completely useless. I’m trying to stay positive, but I am extremely disappointed that Wyze declares their cameras work with the Alexa / Echo Show and yet have this continuing major issue unresolved for years. Has this problem been officially acknowledged by Wyze and a schedule for correcting it been proposed?

Contacted Wyze support by phone on 12/1/20, was given a ticket number and got an email follow-up. Was promised follow-up after tech(s?) have researched the issue.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. VERY disappointed about investing in this tech. While the amount is nominal ($30/pan, $20/cam), it just feels irresponsible to deliver a product like this to market with such little compatibility and support.

I’m about ready to jump ship and either buy an extra iPad for my monitor or just find a different camera system all together.

Anyone got any recommendations for a good baby camera setup?

I don’t expect to have integration between my Wyze V2 Camera and my Google Hub or Amazon Echo Show 8 working any time soon. I started giving Wyze information on my environment, including completing their troubleshooting checklist, camera details screenshots, Hub and Show configurations, and after going back and forth 3 or 4 times I got this response (emphasis and color text is mine):

Dec 1, 2020, 2:05 PM PST

Thanks for providing this information for our Product Team to look over, Billy. We’ll make sure it gets where it needs to go.

I’ll ask the team to look into the integration to see if there’s something we can improve from our side. We likely won’t hear back from them about this specific case but the information that you sent will make it easier for us to figure out what’s going wrong here and make improvements for the service.

We appreciate your help with this, please reply if you have further questions.

Regards,

Bonevie | Wyze Wizard

@UserCustomerGwen any solution for the Constant buffering of Wyze cam on Echo Show 8? I have 3 cameras and the Echo 8 shows buffering every 5 - 6 seconds

3 Likes

we just purchased many of the Wyze cameras to replace Logitech cameras & others which we have in and around our business and all cameras constantly buffer. we are using alexa, echos etc and no matter what we do we only get approx 3 sec of live feed before buffering. Seems to happen anytime viewing through amazon device. have noticed the feed seems to work decent through the Wyze app, but only if adjusted to SD video. HD is very slow to update most times. we have used many other companies cameras in same manner and never had any of these issues before. we are actually an electrical engineering company and are looking forward to using more of the Wyze products in our office, however we need to know if these issues are being looked into and being fixed before we spend more money on the products. Like I said earlier we have recently bought a large amount of these cameras and need to make a decision whether to revert back to our old cameras. Please advise. Thank you Kelly

2 Likes

I am having same issue wyze can buffering on my fire tv, if I turn off night mode then it works fine. Please fix

They can’t fix it they’ve known about this for going on a year or more. One of the reasons I started buying eufy cameras much better. I’m just using these wyze as throw away cams now outside until they quit working then going in the trash where they belong