Connectivity Trouble 1/17/19

It doesnt look like it is fixed. the issue is there again.

Wyze Cam Pan, Just purchased Yesterday. Flashing blue light. Cant connect to camera. Rebooted, Reset, Reconnected to wireless. I have another Pan and i have 0 issues with it.
FW version:4.10.2.31

I don’t think the issue is fixed either. As of now (January 19th) I cant connect to 4 of my 6 cameras. The 2 others are fine.
Since I’m not home I am not able to reboot any of the cameras.

that is the error code you are getting ?

have you tried remotely restart the camera ? in camera settings

I get error code 90.
I did try to restart and it actually worked ! Since I couldn’t connect to the cameras I didn’t think that it would be possible to send any coomands to the camera to reset it remotely but I guess that’s not the case.
I should then properly correct my first statement to “I got error code 90”.
Thank you for your help.

At least Wyze is acknowledging there’s a problem, thanks. Massive connectivity issues, tired of hearing “Can’t find named NetworK” when 3 others are on the same network.

Definitely. Huge success here with the cameras, nice quality, and price, CEO needs to see this, they need to hire a lot more people, upgrade equipment, etc…

still seeing problems on the east coast of usa 1/19/19 @1830

I seem to still be having issues as well. It hasn’t picked up motion since 7pm on the 19th. I have rebooted the device and my phone. I am able to view live feed and playback but I don’t receive any alerts.

Sorry for the late reply, was you issue able to be resolved?

1 Like

It appears to be working now but I did order a replacement v2. I’m currently using both until I send the original one back.

Thanks

Is there a way to edit the WiFi within the app without having to delete the device? Because nothing has worked for me except to delete the device and re-enter WiFi I don’t want to do that with 3 more cameras since I need back surgery and can’t be climbing ladders! No connection since 15th for me

@karenleighmcconnell

You do have to reset the camera to change the wifi, but you DO NOT need to, nor should you, delete the camera from the app before doing so.

To change wifi, press the setup button on the camera and go through the normal setup routine. If you do this WITHOUT first deleting the camera from the app, when it returns it will be reconnected to the setup you already have in the app (because the camera’s MAC address is the same). You will retain the relative order in the device list, all the camera settings and any 12 second clips in the cloud. The only thing you may have to do is set the camera name again. On the other hand, if you delete the camera in the app first, you will lose all this.

But sorry, physical access to the camera is the only way to change the wifi. I’m hoping you have someone available to climb the ladder for you. Sorry to hear about your back. Been there, done that, no fun.

Before resetting the wifi, have you tried (1) restart the camera using the Restart Device button in the app after pressing the gear icon, or (2) power cycle the camera by pulling the power block from the wall socket?

Well, I was hoping no ladder needed…

Back surgery #3, I’m going pro or for the bionic spine, lol.

We’ve reset and unplugged or restarted absolutely everything including phones, routers, modems, WiFi extenders, cameras, etc., I was afraid it was going to be an all or none reset.

Thanks for letting me know.

Karen

1 Like

Same here. Just notice a few days ago that I quit getting push notifications from Wyze. When I enter the app, it does have moments where the camera has been activated (motion), but the push notifications (which I have set up) have not been going through. Not sure why…

And just like that…all of a sudden, I’m getting them.

Not displeased, but just seemed a bit random.

I still love the cams nonetheless…

We’re still investigating the root cause of this problem. So far we know that there was a spike in server usage and the servers overloaded. We have added server resources as we continue to look into this.

3 Likes

Any solution, I have the same problem, at home on wifi it works but as soon as I leave the house it can’t see my cameras. SMH…

You are posting on quite an old topic. Most of the time, problems like this are caused by firewall, configuration or other issues with the home internet service or router.

Here are the Troubleshooting Guides. You can also run through the troubleshooting flow chart by clicking “Begin Troubleshooting” at the top of this page.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

1 Like