Connection Troubleshooting Basics

OK Still have no connection from the February crash. I’ve have done the shut down, reset, etc. again and again. Can hear a clicking sound from the camera? Early this morning my Iphone pinged (2AM) several times with no evidence of why. Shut down the phone and this morning when I turned it on the Wyze App loaded automatically. Still no go on connection.

What I’d like to know is the basics. When everything is working what is the path of the transmission? Here’s what I think but am just guessing… My phone app connects to Wyze Servers to the find the camera… The camera is sending images to the Wyze server through my house WiFi on the schedule that has been programmed… somehow I connect to my camera through my phone app to get history and live stream… is that using my Phone Data or WiFi Router Data? Trying to understand the logic here to help narrow down the problem.

Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

Well thanks for all that help. It’s working right now. Changed the image to 360DPI and works at home. Also was in car about 10 miles away and got a live image on my cell. Looking good.

1 Like