Connection issue after successful setup

Since I don’t know anything about your current network setup, I’m going to throw a few things out there.

• Do you already have multiple (25 +) devices connected to your network?
    – If so, do you have them all on a 2.4Ghz network, and are your 5Ghz devices capable devices connected to that band exclusively, if available?
    – Is your router capable of handling that many devices? Some routers can only handle so many devices per band, and if you are reaching that limitation, you can start to see connection problems as you add more.

• Does your router have QoS and/or WMM enabled? Experimenting with that can sometimes help with issues. Check the forum and support pages of the manufacturer of your router.

• Try using a WiFi analyzer (I like Netgear’s WiFi Analytics)
    – to see if you have a decent signal at the spot you’re trying to get the camera to work?
    – to see if there’s WiFi channel crowding in your area. If so, does your router allow you to configure what channel each band of your router transmits on?

If you’re on a standard router, maybe upgrading to a mesh system may help with current, and any future network issues as you add devices.

Hope that helps! :smiley:

2 Likes