Connecting Wyze Sense to Alexa

I don’t have a Wyze door sensor. Mine is made by by another company. I’ve been using it with Alexa for some time now.

Here are some of the ways that worked best.

1. Have Alexa say “door open” when the contact is broken and/or “door closed” when the contact is closed.

2. Have Alexa start a playlist on a nearby Echo Dot speaker when the contact is broken and stop play when the contact is closed. The playlist can be a song that just plays a tone.

3. Have Alexa turn on a light near the door when the contact is broken and turn it off again when the contact is closed.

Number 1 got annoying real fast. Number 2 works for the garage door, but for regular doors, playing music for a few seconds got annoying too. Number 3 turned out to work the best.

1 Like

I tried to add it using your method with resetting it with the pin but it didn’t work… Maybe I need to delete it and re add it?

You can use the wait setting in your routine to delay a message.

When I did it I followed these steps which seemed to work.

1. Went into the Wyze App
  2. Picked Add a Product from the … menu on the home screen selected which sensor.
  3. Picked the Bridge I was adding the sensor too.
  4. The countdown starts, press and hold the button on the sensor until the red light flashes at least 3 times then remove the pin.
  5. Wait until the Sensor and Bridge consummate the marriage.
  6. All done.

By the way I never deleted my sensors first, and when the sensor was re-added my phone popped up a message from Alexa about the new sensor immediately.

1 Like

My cat perked up and looked around but he’s kinda use to those sounds because I watch Animal Planet often

Haven’t had it work yet for my motion sensor, iOS 13.2, up to date on firmware of sensor, 2.5.53 app version, tried unlinking and relinking account, still not working. I deleted device, repaired, successfully getting wyze notifications just fine, still not in Alexa app.

Perhaps it’s linked to the beta app. I am running 2.6.55 on iOS.

@rbruceporter yeah that’s what I did too… Same instructions that @nerdland wrote above. After connecting the sensor to the bridge, I didn’t get any pop up alert from Alexa though . Strange…

I just have v2.5.36 on Android.

Yeah… I tried same thing on my non-beta app. Let me try with the Beta app. Will post findings here…

Unsuccessful. Installed beta app. Updated all firmwares. Tested my current motion and contact sensors already integrated with Alexa. Then added a new contact sensor. Alexa notification didn’t pop up. Manual discovery didn’t help as well.

What’s going on? Any idea?

Love it for the beta. And love it more because you are still working on this to make this happen.

I am just trying to have fun experimenting with this. Can you tell why the Alexa app suddenly stopped notifying me about new contact sensors or motion sensors that I am adding now to the Wyze bridge? It did pretty well 3 days ago when I added a bunch of sensors.

Thanks again for all the smart work!

You already asked that question here Alexa Routine Integration for Wyze Sense - #97 by g10.
Please don’t post the same question in different places :slightly_smiling_face:

I am honestly not sure why some of us see it and some do not. I suspect it’s a combination of things. But the good news is it’s obviously in the works! At the moment I still see everything via the Alexa app correctly so I am walking on tippy toe and called the power company and threatened dire consequences for a power failure!

:rofl:

The one I added is still in there , I’m not going to mess with any other ones I’m a scaredy cat :grinning:
I think a coon might have eaten the motion sensor I have the shed though :wink:

For those of you like myself who are having fun trying out this Beta feature, here is something that I tried. Instead of adding the Voice Action to an Echo device add it to This Device (I presume Alexa voice assistant is needed on the phone). When the sensor is activated you will hear the voice action spoken through your phone. Also you can use Bluetooth to direct it to a different device such as an automobile radio or PC. It works great on my Galaxy S8.

I don’t ask her to say it. I put it into a routine triggered by a contact sensor. It works. Just makes a beep.

I’d like to look into that more. I looked into it briefly but it wasn’t clear if Alexa could play a song with a custom sound file. It seemed like it needed to be on a music service. Does Spotify have an album of bleeps and bloops I can use? (Legitimate question. Maybe it does. Haha.)

Or a big Azz Bluetooth speaker :laughing: :grinning:

source

2 Likes

I didn’t NEED to delete it, but you can try that.Shouldn’t hurt anything. Just a little more annoying to reorganize things in the app after it’s deleted. If you add a product that’s already there, it just “overwrites” the existing one basically.