Connecting the Wyze cam

I just bought the Wyze Cam (model WYZECAMv2) and have a 5G network in my home. I am having trouble connecting the Wyze cam and have just recently saw a notification that the Wyze cam will not work on 5G but must have 2.4G Internet. Is there any way I can connect my Wyze that anyone knows about? Do I need to contact my internet provider and see about getting 2.4G availability to my home?

That is correct. You will need to get a router with 2.4G capability. The Wyze Cam v2 will not work on 5G.

Make sure you use the 2.4 GHz when setting up your Wyze Cam. The Wyze Cam does not work with 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks.

WiFi Network 2.4 GHz & 5GHz
Also see information in this thread.

[Dual-Band Routers](Wifi connections 2.4g or 5g

1 Like

Did you check the router’s settings to make sure it doesn’t offer 2.4G?

What mfgr/model of router are you using?

2 Likes

Not necessarily. Another approach is to get an AP (access point) that operates on 2.4GHz, and add it to the OP’s existing local area network. Or add an inexpensive 2.4GHz travel router, such as the GL-MT300N ($25) which has been referenced often on the forum.

Contacting the OP’s internet service provider to see about getting 2.4GHz is probably not the optimal course of action. I’d be quite surprised if the wireless router already in place Chez JMBerchin doesn’t support 2.4GHz - that band might just be disabled.