Connect to Siri

Yes they do…at least in some fashion. I have a smart ir blaster I got off Amazon. Broadlink. It has connect to Siri option in their app. I can create a shortcut voice command to turn on or off any item I have programmed in in their app. It lacks other controls like change temp or channel etc, but for most devices I have, I just want to turn on or off via voice, it works fine to say Hey Siri, turn on/off xyz. It does not support homekit btw.

So far, it does seem overall, Apple is much more limited in the smart home venue compared to competitors. To this I was not aware until I started to use iOS a bit.

Siri was best in class for a very long time and they fell behind the competition, Alexa and then Google Home took over completely. For the home, they never really played into it but finally realized that they needed to be there.
The fact that HomePod mini is prices soooo low (for an apple product) is a clear sign that they want back in that game. The second big tell was the inclusion of Thread in the HomePod mini! That was a clear shot in the home automation direction. It has been confirmed again by the inclusion of Thread in the new Apple TV and seeing their level of participation in Matter.

1 Like

Poor Bixby, he hasn’t even made it into this convo :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Poor Bixby? Cortana has basically been executed and purged from all memory…

But Wyze AI is a new growing toddler and already more useful than Cortana ever was…

Siri has some catching up to do to get back up to Google/Alexa standards.

5 Likes

A first party HomeKit integration would be swell.

In the meantime, I just found out that it’s possible to get Wyze devices into the Apple Home ecosystem via Home Assistant. It’s a free, open source, customizable app that runs locally on a computer or IoT device.

I got HA set up on a Raspberry Pi and installed the HomeKit and Wyze integrations and now I can control my Wyze bulbs, locks, and cameras through Siri and the Home app. Pretty sweet.

I have deleted my Wyze Plugs and gotten Weemo ones instead.
Smaller physical design, and work native with HomeKit and Google and Alexa.
Since it seem clear that Wyze has no real plans for HomeKit support in the near future.
I plan to give to a friend my old Wyze plugs.
Still have 2x v3 Wyze cams in use in my family, which is now all iphone users, as i can not find any cams alike to them that have the same good quality picture and features for the price

For those those that still want to keep their WYZE products and use HomeKit, you can try out this server software that may be useful.

My homebridge solutions quit working a month or so ago. Seems the plug-in for homebridge isn’t working anymore. Is it working for you?

When i looked at the pages for that HomeBridge, it listed multiple Wyze Plugins, of varying ages.
Maybe try a different one?
I did not bother with that HomeBridge software, as didn’t want to spend the time to mess with it, and also assumed it would not be the most reliable if the plugins are not kept updated.