Connect to phone via WiFi access only?

I am about to change phones and wondered whether I will still be able to use my old phone to connect to my Wyze cameras locally via WiFi. This would allow me to use the old phone without a mobile account as a monitor at least in the house.

As long as you have WiFi the Wyze app should continue to work on the old phone.

You can just pop out the SIM card right now and make sure. I bet it will work fine.

1 Like

Changed phones and the old phone still can access WYZE using WiFi access only. The new and old phones were also able to simultaneously access WYZE after signing in with the same account.

1 Like

Good to hear and thanks for the update. FYI I just learned this week that with two streams going simultaneously one of them will be limited to 360p with the other at HD quality.

The streams of my 3 devices simultaneously are in HD :thinking:

1 Like

Then I give up. It came up recently regarding why Apple turned down Wyze’s application to be deemed HomeKit certified…

1 Like

We have been doing it often for a few weeks. I managed to capture and relocate 6 mice from my shed. We even take bets on how soon the next one will be captured. All in HD. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hold on a sec, apples and oranges? The HomeKit situation was about a single camera streaming to two devices, just like the poster here with two phones. Are your lucky mice being watched by one camera or three?

1 cam with 3 streaming devices.

1 Like