Confused about record to local SD card versus cloud recording

Bear with me guys, this might be something that the devs take for granted, but I am simply wondering, if I set it to record, continuously or when motion detected, to an SD card, will it STILL record alert videos to the cloud? I can’t see an answer to this simple question in the FAQs, and I can’t check by switching off camera since when i do, the app doesn’t show much (see my other question).

1 Like

Yes, it still records the cloud alert videos.

I have a related question. When it comes to recording on the internal sd card, everything i read says it will record continuously to the card. But can you set it up so it will record motion events to the SD card? Thanks.

1 Like

I use the android app, if you are on apple it might be different, I don’t know.

Select a camera, touch the gear icon in the top right corner for “settings”, under “advanced settings” you can select record on event or continuous recording, as well as local recording to microSD.

I suggest using continuous recording to microSD, easier to scroll back through the playback function to any point in the timeline you want to see, I had a harder time using the playback feature with ‘record on event’ selected.

1 Like

Thanks

I’d like to record to the SD card when motion occurs, and continue recording until shortly after the motion stops…perhaps 20 seconds. How?

This is done via “Record on event” in the app. It records in one minute increments. For example, if you have an event that lasts 2:30, there will be a three minute recording on the SD card.

You can click the “Support” section at the top-right of this web page, and then do a search. There are several articles for self-help. :slight_smile:

1 Like