Configuring Wyze App on Multiple Smartphones for Multiple Wyze Cams

I setup the Wyze app on my smartphone to connect to four Wyze Cams prior to mounting each in its somewhat inconvenient location. Now I need to setup the Wyze app on a dozen smart devices (phones and tablets). I presumed all subsequent instances of the Wyze app (on the other smart devices) would “detect” all Wyze Cams on my network using my credentials.Instead, after I installed the Wyze app on very next device, the app prompts me as if I’m setting up a Wyze Cam for the first time. What am I doing wrong?

You have to use the same Wyze account to access them if they are all your devices. They are linked by your Wyze account.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, is it possible to have different devices (phones) have different configurations, but on the same account? E.g., can my phone app get notifications, but my wife’s phone, using same account, not get notifications?

Since the cameras are linked to the same account, I do not believe that is possible. You could try the bell icon, but I have not personally experimented with the bell icon.

D’oh! That was the problem! I logged into the Wyze app with a different account on the smart device I was setting up. The moment I logged into the Wyze app with the same creds I use on my phone, all four cameras appeared!

Thanks!

2 Likes

No problem. I am glad you were able to get it figured out!

1 Like

The notifications are toggled at the account level, so the only way to have them on one device and not another is to turn them off in the phone’s settings for the whole Wyze app. Here’s a summary of the notification levels. The third level is where you can control device-by-device.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

Another option is to share a subset of cameras to a different Wyze account that is logged into your wife’s phone. They she can turn notifications on/off for her account (level 2 above). However, there are some things that can’t be done by the shared user. Click the support link top right and search “shared” for more info.

Except… With the latest release, they resolved the older iOS update issue, so I loaded the latest 2.1.21 on an iPad 9.3.5 iOS. I go to #3 above and turn off notifications for the app, but if I’m watching live stream and one of the other cameras has an Event, I get a popup in the app informing me of the motion detection and telling me to “Check out the Event Video.” with an OK prompt. Problem is, I don’t want to and there is no alternative but to click OK and watch the cloud video.

Thank You so much for the information. Works perfectly.

Hello - I have the Wyze app installed on my android phone and several cameras setup and I want to have the app and cameras to also work on my iPad Air 5 but when I open the app on the iPad and sign in to my account none of the cameras show up? Is there no way to transfer all the cameras and settings that are setup on the android phone to the iPad without setting up each camera again?

If you are sure you’re logged into the same Wyze account (same email address), then you should be seeing all of your cameras on both devices. If not, I’m not sure what’s wrong. You should contact Customer Support (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT if the issue persists.

Thanks for your reply. The account is in my daughter’s name as far as the cameras are concerned but I also have an account with Wyze. I went into the app and tried to change the email and password to my daughters info but it keeps telling me it is the wrong password? If I use my own email and password no cameras show up. My daughter has an iPhone and she can sign in with the email and password she gave me just fine. Could there be a problem with too many tries with the wrong info that has locked the account?

The only way that you can see cameras that are registered on your daughter’s account are

1. You log into the app with your daughter’s email and password (if she has given it to you). If she has 2 factor authorization enabled, you would also need access to her phone to get the 2FA code.
    a. If you are trying to log in with your daughter’s email/password, you need to make sure you sign out first at the bottom of the Account tab.
    b. If you did that and it tells you the password is wrong, then you probably don’t have the right password that goes with her email.
  2. Your daughter can share her cameras from her account so you can see them when logged into your account. To do this, she needs to go to the Setting for each camera (gear icon), then tap Sharing. She can then enter your email address to share the camera with. You would then be able to accept the share in your account and view the camera.

Note that until she has shared the cameras with you, there would be no way you would see her cameras in a different Wyze account.

Again - thanks for your time to reply. I discovered the problem was that the app was automatically signing me into" my Wyze account" so through trial and error I found where to sign out of my account in the app and re-signed in using my daughter’s account and now all the cameras are showing and working. Thanks!

1 Like