Configuring Wyze App on Multiple Smartphones for Multiple Wyze Cams

I setup the Wyze app on my smartphone to connect to four Wyze Cams prior to mounting each in its somewhat inconvenient location. Now I need to setup the Wyze app on a dozen smart devices (phones and tablets). I presumed all subsequent instances of the Wyze app (on the other smart devices) would “detect” all Wyze Cams on my network using my credentials.Instead, after I installed the Wyze app on very next device, the app prompts me as if I’m setting up a Wyze Cam for the first time. What am I doing wrong?

You have to use the same Wyze account to access them if they are all your devices. They are linked by your Wyze account.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to have different devices (phones) have different configurations, but on the same account? E.g., can my phone app get notifications, but my wife’s phone, using same account, not get notifications?

Since the cameras are linked to the same account, I do not believe that is possible. You could try the bell icon, but I have not personally experimented with the bell icon.

D’oh! That was the problem! I logged into the Wyze app with a different account on the smart device I was setting up. The moment I logged into the Wyze app with the same creds I use on my phone, all four cameras appeared!

Thanks!

No problem. I am glad you were able to get it figured out!

The notifications are toggled at the account level, so the only way to have them on one device and not another is to turn them off in the phone’s settings for the whole Wyze app. Here’s a summary of the notification levels. The third level is where you can control device-by-device.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

Another option is to share a subset of cameras to a different Wyze account that is logged into your wife’s phone. They she can turn notifications on/off for her account (level 2 above). However, there are some things that can’t be done by the shared user. Click the support link top right and search “shared” for more info.

Except… With the latest release, they resolved the older iOS update issue, so I loaded the latest 2.1.21 on an iPad 9.3.5 iOS. I go to #3 above and turn off notifications for the app, but if I’m watching live stream and one of the other cameras has an Event, I get a popup in the app informing me of the motion detection and telling me to “Check out the Event Video.” with an OK prompt. Problem is, I don’t want to and there is no alternative but to click OK and watch the cloud video.