Complete Motion Recording + Playback on Wyze Cam Outdoor SD cards

Hi, I just install an SD card to the base, do I also need an SD card on the Cam Outdoor itself? Where do I see the recorded videos, is it in “Album” under the Cam Outdoor? But I suppose if the Cam is not there (stolen), I would still have the video backup at the base, but where to see that? Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t understand the lack of full event recording to the SD card. You can record hours on end with a scheduled recording, but not the full motion event for a minute or two? So clearly this isn’t a battery life problem.

6 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Bingo! I could even tolerate a subscription for person detection if they would at least let us record full motion to SD.

2 Likes

Wyze confirmed to me that it’s not a physical impossibility. They just did it because they don’t want us to control how fast we drain the battery.

1 Like

Correct as I just confirmed with support a few minutes ago. However, CamPlus is an option that is coming. At least with it we will get CMC for events.

1 Like

Shouldn’t need Cam Plus if you have SD cards.

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous that we can only make 12 second recordings. Please allow us to record the full motion event. With the PIR I’m not getting a bunch of leaf events or unwanted events anyway. And it doesn’t even record sound events to further drain battery life so I don’t understand why it’s not an option to record full motion events.
The detection zone should be movable or at the very least centered.
We should be able to see events directly from the base without removing the card, having to remove the sd card is just ridiculous also.
The sound is completely unintelligible when trying to communicate back and forth. It sounds like garbled alien communications. It sounds this way on all 3 of my outdoor cameras.
I’m not impressed with this camera.

3 Likes

Haha all true. But let’s focus on the things Wyze can actually control- complete motion recordings to SD. There is no reason they can’t make this happen.

This is what I’m wondering as well. Do we need an SD card in the base AND in the outdoor camera? Is there a reason for one over the other?

1 Like

The one in the base is to backup those 12 second clips. The one in the camera is for time lapse and scheduled recordings. Still don’t see why it can’t just record complete motion to the SD card.

1 Like

I’m so disappointed in my purchase of the Wyze outdoor cam that I am returning it and cancelling my order for the second unit I placed. It doesn’t notify you of any person or movement detected. The only way it records is if you insert an SD card (which is fine my other units use SD cards) and schedule a recording. So apparently I need to know when someone is going to do something in my property so I can schedule a time to record it. Really?

1 Like

Disagree. It’s a setting. Mine works fine with the notifications. It just doesn’t do more than 12 seconds at a time … yet (its coming).

Goto your app and make sure there are not ZZZ’s on the bell icon at the top. I took snoozing off and started receiving notifications.

Hey! I have no zzzz and notifications are turned on for all my camera. Event recording is on, detects motion is on, and I have an SD card in the camera. I was hoping this would work like my Pan Cam and Cam2 where it notifies me of motion and then I can view the events. It does not.

So you are saying your outdoor camera gives you motion notifications and records the motion for 12 seconds (like the other camera) and you can view the event? Mine does none of that. I love all my other cameras but this one failed me. All I can do is watch it live on my app.

Agree. Although I’d be happy if mine did anything other than allow me to watch li from the app.

Hey good news today!

1 Like

Not necessarily good news. As soon as they get the outdoor on cam plus then that will record full motion to the sd card as well. And we know they are working on cam plus for the outdoor. But will those who don’t subscribe be able to get full motion to the sd card? That is the question. With the sd acting like a backup that may not be how it is designed - 12 sec to cloud and full to sd. It might require cloud and sd to record the same.

1 Like