Complete Motion Recording + Playback on Wyze Cam Outdoor SD cards

Please create a setting for those with SD cards in the Cam Outdoor to record motion longer than 12 seconds, with the option to decrease the cooldown period and use playback like all of the other Wyze cams. We understand that it will shorten battery life, but that should be our choice. We also shouldn’t need to get Cam Plus for complete motion recordings. Also the excuse that it could shorten battery life is invalid because you can do the same thing with Cam Plus.

I got my new cam outdoor but I cannot find the option for 24/7 recording ? This is unacceptable !!!
Why you force us to use the short 12 sec?
If this limitation to save on battery you can allow the option if it’s plugged in to power, I prefer running power cable over battery to get the 24/7 recording !!

4 Likes

If not a setting for full-motion recording to SD, we should at least have a setting for longer than 12 seconds.

3 Likes

We should have the option to record 24/7 even if the battery life is ~10 hrs. Complete motion capture should be free at least local recording of the event, because local recording can be the difference between a conviction or a dropped case. We should not have to pay for local complete motion capture. If there has to be a charge do it for cloud storage for complete motion capture.

2 Likes

I too am very disappointed in this camera. Sounded good on paper but functions are lacking.:confused:

1 Like

I think you can use the “Scheduled Recording” to record 24/7. But we should have the option to only record motion for longer than 12 seconds.

2 Likes

Ive heard a couple of things that this is coming. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

1 Like

there are other options between 12 seconds and continuous:

1. 30 seconds
  2. 1 minute
  3. As long as there is motion
  4. As long as there is motion and up to 1 minute / 3 minutes / 5 minutes / …
    In a low event count environment there wouldn’t be a big impact on battery life while there will be a huge impact on usefulness of the camera.
6 Likes

Yeah. I am EXTREMELY disappointed. It’s absolutely unacceptable and the difference of me getting 1 camera(which I’m contemplating returning) instead of the 8 I intended to. Went with eufy instead. Better image quality and HomeKit support

2 Likes

The outdoor cam only has one option for recording. 12 second clips with as low as a 1 minute cool down. Only way to get anything more would be scheduled recordings

1 Like

I would rather that I could record 24/7 on my SIM card.

1 Like

Yeah these things are the first product I got from them that I am disappointed with. We need more control and options because right now I miss so much.

3 Likes

Where is the setting for it then. I only see a setting for cool down time.
I would be happy with 12 sec at this point it hasn’t seen any movement all day but my wife and I passed it several times today walked right in. No notifications or recording. I have double checked and triple checked the settings :rage:

3 Likes

I wonder why there can’t be a setting that records complete motion to SD if, and only if, the PIR senses heat and motion is then detected.

I’d like to see the settings a little more link the Blink had. Theirs was exclusively cloud and yet they allowed as low as a 10 second cool down and the ability to record up to 60 seconds after the motion was last captured. We should be allowed some customizability regarding this and perhaps Wyze should ensure there are prompts when changing these settings letting you know the heavy impact on battery life.

2 Likes

Is that with a subscription or free?

I think Blink offers that for free, I also don’t think Blink has any subscription services.

3 Likes

You’re correct. But I don’t think it’s unfair to allow us to do that to SD card

2 Likes

I agree completely we should have complete motion capture for free if we use local storage, I believe the subscription should be for cloud storage.

4 Likes

Agreed! There should definitely be the option of having CMC on the local storage. Then you would also need to allow users to access the local storage playback from the app as well like we have for the V2s.

2 Likes