Complete motion capture trial expired

I have been using the trial of complete motion capture and I absolutely love it. It is provided the best notification for people yet. I noticed yesterday that I had a delivery but did not receive a person alert and that’s when I realized that my trial has expired. Being that we are using the beta at firmware I cannot find where to purchase the service of website as it directs. what is the expected time frame before the service becomes available? Is it possible to have the trial continue until this is available?

2 Likes

The website is not completely ready yet, they will let us all know soon when it is.

1 Like

it is 1.49$ per camera per month according to zdnet

I still get “person” notifications. I have noticed that it does not recognize a person everytime very well however… each time this happens I make sure to share the video with wyze so they can make the AI better. I did not know this feature was only for a free trial period. I watched a video on you tube made by the wyze guys and they were very proud to be collabing with the company providing this AI for the cameras and nothing was mentioned about this only being available for a trial period. It was just the opposite. If it’s only for a trial period then I’m gonna be disappointed. That would be kinda crappy to roll out such a great feature and get us to send them all the feedback they need to perfect it only to take it back after they get the info they need and then start charging for it. Why not let those who were willing to go ahead and buy their cameras and provide the feedback needed to perfect it and allow those users to keep the feature and only charge new customers. I have worked with other companies and apps with beta tests in the past and never have I had a single one do something like that… I think it’s pretty bad business model if they were to actually be doing this but I’m not so sure that’s the case. I am still getting notified when it detects a person although it does still need some perfecting.

1 Like

The person detected AI will still be free, the 1.49 cost people are talking about is the ‘Complete Motion Capture’, this will record for longer than 12 seconds recording the complete motion and will also eliminate the 5 minute cool down period.

1 Like

Do you have a link to where I can read more about this? Could this be why my camera is missing people sometimes because of the cool down period? I noticed that I will not get a person notification if someone was to be present in the cameras view if a car or anything else previously triggered a motion event. I haven’t been able to pin point exactly why this has been happening or come up with an explanation until just now with your response. Each time this happens I just share the video with wyze through the app and say no person detected but this may explain why.

You can find most the items in the following link, if you have more questions I can try to explain

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/sections/360004966992-Wyze-Cam-Features

1 Like

Yes. that’s exactly why. Any time a motion event gets sent to the cloud, there’s a 5 minute cooldown period before that will happen again. Unfortunately, the motion notification system is also tied to this “motion event” system, so that means you won’t be notified of ANY motion (person or otherwise) that occurs 5 minutes after ANY OTHER motion (person or otherwise) triggered a motion event.

1 Like

Will the free trial for Complete Motion Capture end on 11/21? I would like to add more subscriptions (cams), however I can not find on how I can do that. I attempted to follow these prompts: to add more subscriptions, go to the Wyze website and click services at the top of the page, however I can not find “services” at top of the web page. Can someone please assist me? :slight_smile:

The trial ends two weeks after you start it. So if you started it today, yes, it will end on 11/21. Since it’s still in beta testing, it’s currently only possible to add one camera, but they’re rolling it out very soon, and it will be possible to add more.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for this feature to be a permanent one.

Likewise! :slight_smile:

1 Like

complete motion should be Free,…

Heck let’s just make it all free. They don’t need to make any money they can just magically make it appear and make products and deliver them to us and we’ll all be happy and it’ll be a fairytale land that will never exist. By the way I don’t think the price is that expensive and I don’t think we should Complaining about the price when they could probably charge two or three times that amount and get away with it

Wyze should make money selling the hardware or the storage… but no for the use of it… it is like if you buy a car and you have to pay the factory if you make a trip out of the city… it does not make sense to me. Best regards.

They don’t charge for the use of it, they are doing exactly what you said, charging for the storage. You can record 24/7 to an SD card or events to an SD card, they do not charge for this, however if you want to STORE more than 12-second clips every 5-minutes they need to charge as the storage costs get huge.

1 Like

Do you mind telling me how can I set it up to store on the SD card for as long as the movement goes? thanks in advance.

1 Like