Come join us in shaping the future of Wyze AI

It seems pretty limited to one particular camera, as the most consistent false positives. Though at least one other camera has had false positives, but not to the same extent.

No changes.

If none of the suggestions here have resolved your issue I would definitely open a support case. I am positive they can assist.

This is a user to user forum and we are all just regular old users not Wyze employees or techs.:smiley: Wyze folks do drop in from time to time but it is best to go to the support site and involve them directly.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Yeah all these ideas sound great. But I hope wyze is able to keep it Subscription Free with all this in the future.

It not a security camera !!,then what is ir a baby watch that activates when the baby climes out of he cRib? I brought it because it’s a security camera what the hay

Try turning down the sensitivity unless you dog is as big as u it worked for me

It also thinks our cat is a person about half the time. (He thinks so too, all of the time.) I’m using the camera to watch for our cat, and for a local problem racoon, so I would want to capture this video, not just that of people. It’s just funny when it thinks the cat is a person, and sometimes doesn’t know that we are!

I scored 130 on the AI quiz.

What is 100%?? Also I’d have liked feedback on any that I got wrong. Some were guesses.

2 Likes

I paid $42!! Maybe because I’m in Canada. Still a great buy; very happy with the camera and grateful for these forums, which helped me with an issue this week.

Main feature I want is the option to record more than 12 seconds, which I would trade for shorter cloud storage, e.g. if I choose 1 minute recording (5x as long) then instead of 2 weeks I would get only about 3 days. That is plenty of time to decide which videos to save. Better yet would be to record up to 5 minutes if there is still motion being detected. I would also like to be able to reduce the 5-minute timeout, again without increasing cloud storage - I would just agree that newer video overwrites old.

1 Like

YEAR ONE
Person Detection
Vehicle Detection
Animal Detection

YEAR TWO
Person Detection: Family/Friend/Stranger Facial Recognition
Vehicle Detection: Car/Pickup/USPS/UPS/FedEx/Garbage Truck Recognition
Animal Detection: Bird/Deer/Fox/Insect/Rabbit/Squirrel Recognition

YEAR THREE
Person Detection: Vocal Autonomous Self-Aware AI (Judgment Day)
Vehicle Detection: Vocal Autonomous Self-Aware AI (Judgment Day)
Animal Detection: Vocal Autonomous Self-Aware AI (Judgment Day)

YEAR FOUR
Person Detection: REPOPULATE EARTH
Vehicle Detection: REPOPULATE EARTH
Animal Detection: REPOPULATE EARTH

4 Likes

And this is?..

I scored 130. Not sure if that’s good or bad.

@WyzeShawn @UserCustomerGwen I think I read that vehicle detection was part of the beta app at some point. Has that been removed? I’m running the beta version of the app, but i don’t see vehicle detection. That would be pretty useful, I think.

1 Like

@WyzeShawn @UserCustomerGwen I’m on the same page about the 5-minute cooldown period. It took me a while to understand why I wasn’t getting some notifications.

If a person is moving continuously for 5 minutes straight, I don’t think I need a notification every minute. But if something ELSE triggered a motion event, 2 minutes BEFORE a person showed up, I do think it’s important to still get the notification.

2 Likes

Vehicle detection was just if a vehicle was detected in the frame and if it was moving or not. It was acting as a release blocker because it needed more work and people were more interested in moving vehicle detection anyway. It is something we’re considering for the future.

Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Ah. understandable. Is person detection based on a still-frame, too? If I planted a mannequin in front of my window, would it detect a person every time something else moved? Haha. I don’t plan on trying it, but I’m curious.

The person detection takes a sample of frames to run the algorithm on. So it is likely that your mannequin would trigger it if it was realistic enough.

2 Likes

Got it. So, not the ideal camera for Madame Tussaud’s.

1 Like

Well, the camera would be fine. But the person detection may leave something to be desired in that case. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

At the moment, all I want is a cold :beer: otherwise I’m good but thanks :+1:

I want sound detection to notify me if one of my beers has been opened when I’m not home :beer::+1:
jk - but i would like to know what the best score possible is…and it would be cool if it told me what i got wrong so i can learn :nerd_face:

1 Like

You could actually do that with a Wyze contact sensor, if you wanted to. :joy:

2 Likes