Come join us in shaping the future of Wyze AI

Vehicle detection is definitely key. Two things I care about most are humans and vehicles. If an animal walks up my front driveway I don’t care. Also facial recognition would be really cool but extremely difficult. I would love to see a person but don’t alert me if it is a known face, only a stranger.

2 Likes

I also got 120.

I would like to see more home “security” options. I know wyze is not a home security company but their products are a great DIY way to do this. Products like a (siren) and (video doorbell) would go great with their Wyze Sense and cameras.

2 Likes

You would need to take a screenshot of the quiz result then post it to a reply here using the upload image button in the reply-creation frame. How to take a screenshot, of course, depends on which device you’re using.

1 Like

5 Likes

Intelligence cool down for night vision mode…

The camera in my kitchen switches between night vision on and night vision off multiple times every morning as the sun rises and the amount light on the shades increases/decreases. A settable cool-down timer would help (ex: I would once you change modes, don’t change again for 5 minutes) but an AI that does this for me and accounts for time of day, amount of clouds, etc would be even better.

2 Likes

whats the top score for this thing?

ShortTerm: Trip-wire, with possible directional counting is common with many of today’s ip-cameras. Zoning would be nice as well. I think people don’t realize how hard object detection really is to emulate. Person detection with the success rate as in these Wyze cams are truly amazing! An easy workaround for object detecting is installing the beta RTSP streaming update, and streaming through any one of the free object detection applications (e.g. OpenCV, ISpy, etc.) - at your own risk of-course. And, even though Webhooks can be done through IFTTT, an expanded range of functions that supported webhooks right in the app would be super helpful (and relatively easy to implement).

LongTerm: Additional platforms; starting with a TRUE windows and/or HTTP GUI. Someone mentioned the ROKU, and I think that is a great idea. I would add that with the new SDK for Windows, a single application would automatically be compatible across Windows Phones, Windows 10 computers/laptops, and Xbox platforms. Which would be amazing. But even an intuitive HTTP GUI (like most IP-cameras) would be a HUGE start and would instantly expand its platforms.

Loki is the man (or woman, lol. But ‘Rick’ is usually a man)

1 Like

Would like to see cat detection. Also when you detect person or cat record for duration of movement rather than just 12 seconds… even if only stored on local storage. Ideally I’d like it to recognize specific cats but starting with something is better than nothing.

1 Like

I guess this is an O.K. score! :smiley:

1 Like

Great.

ALSO: AI to week out extraneous motion detection events, such as lighting, bugs, dust particles, etc.

2 Likes

Cooldown disabled during person detection.

Markers on the Timeline during playback when there is a cloud event

2 Likes

Well, I’m at least a boy. On some days, my wife tells me she’s not totally convinced I’m a man yet. :wink:

5 Likes

The camera should act as a true sensor to control everything in the house. I have various sensors (PIR, contact, water, tilt, others) making automated decisions all around my house but the camera should be able to replace them all. For example: Camera AI can see if a garage door is open or closed and should notify you accordingly and act to close the door if necessary. The AI should also be able to establish the lux level in a room and turn lights on if someone is present and off when no one is present. Nobody in the house; lock the doors, turn off the lights and set the alarm. When you start thinking of the camera as the control center of all your smart devices the only thing holding it back is the AI. But for the short term Smartthings and Hubitat integration.

3 Likes

the showing the marked events on the timeline is one of my top things!
i would love that feature so i can automatically go to that point in the timeline!

2 Likes

Scored 110 AI Supreme! :+1::laughing:
I’d love to see smoother operation/pan. The current version is extremely “jerky” and kinda makes motion detection pretty bad. That would be a short term goal. For longer term I’d love to see a way to link the cameras for events whether it be a person, package delivery etc… The way I imagine this would be an event triggers capturing on linked cameras of my choosing then when I go into the viewer there is a special event image or what have you similar to a quad screen or duplex screen depending on selection. The viewer screen would be able to toggle between camera views at any given point within a video recording then be able to render a completed video based on my toggle selections during the capture process. Your cameras and software make these very ideal to use around the house to capture so many things kind of like a security system that’s extremely user friendly! If you think this could become confusing to some make it an alternative function similar to Lite version and Pro version. Keep up the good work!!!

2 Likes

I would love to receive notifications that my dog (so recognizing my dog is step 1) is at the back door ready to come inside. I will be getting an automated sliding door system to remotely open and close the door. That way if she’s outside, needs in and I’m upstairs changing the baby, I can open the door. I’m sure once I have the product I’ll be interested in other ways to make WYZE communicate with the Wayzn, but that will happen later. For now a notification that she’s ready to come in would be great!