Color code playback calendar SD card

when viewing playback, the timeline shows when an event was recorded in blue. when you open up the calendar to select a specific date, it would be great if the days of the month were highlighted if there were any events recorded that day. Currently all the days just show as white other than the current date and the selected date. This feature would enable users to know how far back their recordings go without blindly going back a day at a time and then checking the timeline for any blue sections.

Yes, additionally, it would be good to color code the dates. For example, a grey color means there is data of any kind. Red means there is a person motion detected on that day. Blue means regular motion activity and Yellow means a sound motion that day. For days that have more than one, you combine the colors- person and sound (separate events ) = orange.

2 Likes

I also would like this feature. Even the Xiaomi has times selected where video recording has been detected. Currently I have no idea how far back my videos go…

2 Likes

Yes please. I spend time clicking on blank days. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes please. This would be extremely helpful!! @UserCustomerGwen !! :smiley:

I have just found lacking of this feature to be a real issue. One of my cameras was unexpectedly off and now that it is back on I would like to know what day the last recording was for. As of now, the calendar does not help with this.

Saved days to micro sd card in a different color

I use micro sd cards in all of my v3’s and often view the payback from a few days back.

I would love a feature for the days that have been saved to the micro sd card to be highlighted in a different color . Maybe a dark green , or just get rid of the green highlight for the weekends and use that same color for the days the micro sd cards have saved

As of right now , you can’t tell which days the camera has saved so if you use a large micro sd card like me (238 gb) it can be hard trying to find out how far back the camera has recorded and saved… for now you just have to play a lil game and click on each date and find out which date has been saved.

A very helpful feature, I think others would approve of and enjoy.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

This is a good idea. To add to this, I would have a light highlight if there are any recordings that day and a dark highlight if all or most of the day is recorded (continuous recording…with slight exceptions for small periods of missing time for a couple of minutes like when we reboot or relocate the camera).

4 Likes

Yes, I just installed some new micro sd cards I’m my cams, and was confused why this didn’t exist. Would definetly be useful

2 Likes

I like this idea as well, it might be challenging to manage the drop off once the SD card is full and rolling off the older recording…/ older dates … It does take awhile to bring up the content if I go back a week or so.

3 Likes

Wyze has tagged this as “maybe - later”

Very interesting , let’s hope they add it !

1 Like

Giving this requested feature topic a well deserved Bump +1!

Would be VERY helpful to see on the calendar which days have SD Card footage!

Can it be done? I would suspect Yes, it can! I realize that the OG Cams were built on a different OS platform, but they have this ability. See the little grey dots? (Would like a bit more contrast in the color, but I will take what I can get.)

4 Likes